Re-thinking

tekwriter
tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
I started back on Paleo this week. I took a look at my menu and was like okay I can convert this. Oh man I so need to re-think the way I look at things. I had two pears for a snack today and oh man it blew my sugar and carbs out of the water. I really need to think ahead for things like my lunch tomorrow so I don't blow my numbers again.

Replies

• Two pears? That sounds like a good day to me! My goal is at least 2 servings of fruits, fruits get such a bad rap! Don't be so hard on yourself =)
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    I understand. I had to cut way back on fruit to keep my sugars down. Some days I don't have fruit at all -- but I make sure to eat a variety of vegetables with lots of colors. ("Eat a rainbow!" is a healthy eating phrase I remember from a pamphlet awhile back. Different colors offer different nutrients, and the deeper the color, the more nutritious, at least I think that's how it works.) Most days I have a serving of fruit, and usually berries. (Yum, fresh berries in season!)

When I eat a high sugar fruit, like watermelon or banana, I notice carb cravings the next day.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    I am taking some blueberries for the office tomorrow. I am going to look them up and measure though. I am normally a melon and berry eater. Banana usually just half for a smoothie. I am thinking of trying the paleo pancakes this weekend with banana and egg. With WW you could eat all the fruit you wanted, it is now hard to trade that habit. I did see a reduction in my afternoon blood sugar today and that was awesome.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Maybe aim for lower sugar fruits while you're trying to get your blood sugar under check. I end up eating a lot of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and maybe just a little melon. Plums and apricots tend to be naturally portioned to be smaller, as long as you only eat one. Pears are actually one of the sweetest fruits!