36 hour fast...

Options
Everyonelies
Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
I am just about to break a 36 hour fast. Thursday night 10pm to Saturday morning 10am. It wasn't planned, sort if just went for it. Only had black coffee, tea and water. Skipped the Powerade Zero...too iffy!

I wasnt hungry at all and I had a minor headache until I had black coffee. My energy was low mid afternoon, usually happens even if not fasting. I did work out for a few hours in the later in the evening and felt fine. Even ran a mile!!

Not sure what I expected to feel afterwards...all I know is that I dont feel like crap!

Off for some breakfast I go!😊

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I think an occasional fast makes a lot if sense. :)

The headache may have been due to falling electrolytes. If you normally supplement, you may need a bit more when not eating (falling insulin and possibly glycogen). Maybe just eat some salt with water? Or make your own electrolyte drink. :)
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

The headache may have been due to falling electrolytes. If you normally supplement, you may need a bit more when not eating (falling insulin and possibly glycogen). Maybe just eat some salt with water? Or make your own electrolyte drink. :)

I did drop a little over 3lbs this week, which is more than any other month since January...and I did notice a change in my bowels after the fast...so I am going to try and do a 23-36hr fast maybe once a week.

The headache went away after I had coffee...maybe it was a caffeine withdrawal, but I will increase my electrolytes this week...just in case.

• tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Keep your sodium high when fasting. I always add Real Salt to my water and it helps a ton with headaches and cramps.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I did drop a little over 3lbs this week, which is more than any other month since January...and I did notice a change in my bowels after the fast...so I am going to try and do a 23-36hr fast maybe once a week.

The headache went away after I had coffee...maybe it was a caffeine withdrawal, but I will increase my electrolytes this week...just in case.

So true. Gotta have my coffee. ;)
  • GFC781
    GFC781 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    inspired by lies, i knocked out a 36 hr fast this morning, back in late summer of 2017 i did a 36 hr fast every Tuesday, there really not that difficult, certainly not as much fun as eating though
  • Everyonelies
    Options
    GFC781 wrote: »
    inspired by lies, i knocked out a 36 hr fast this morning, back in late summer of 2017 i did a 36 hr fast every Tuesday, there really not that difficult, certainly not as much fun as eating though

It was not! I think I will be doing mine from Thursday night through Saturday morning...