Monthly Post April 2019

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,953 Member
    Good morning all!

LOLOL yeah I can relate too. I could use a free day. :)

Not too much happening over here. Finished off my 700 calorie day fine with no issues.

Today we are doing a spring cleaning at work and they are bringing in pizza and salad. Here's to only having a small amount of pizza sigh...

Hope you have a good day. See you all soon.
  • ashleyantonation
    ashleyantonation Posts: 17 Member
    Hi Everyone
    I have decided to give 5:2 fasting a go. I am thinking of making Monday and Thursday my fasting days. What days do you all use?
    I am looking forward to giving this a shot. I have been doing 16:8 and am looking forward to this new WOE
  • Meghan509
    Welcome @ashleyantonation
    We are glad you joined us!
    Yes, I prefer a Monday and Thursday light day schedule too. Those days are popular around here.
    Welcome!! Feel free to ask any questions. We are glad you are here. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Welcome @ashleyantonation !!! Glad to have you joining us! I look forward to hearing how Monday is going for you, so pls let us know.

I forgot to record my nice long walk today...boohoo! I’m going to fast on Monday too this week.... hope everyone’s enjoying the weekend
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,515 Member
    Good Sunday morning! It is BEAUTIFUL here! The sun is shining, the birds are singing! I did homework reading outside this morning. :) I have been reading about behavior management techniques and I think I might try some of them on myself to get past this stubborn plateau I have been at FOREVER! LOL
    I hope you are all having a great weekend! Only 23 more school days! I enrolled for the last time! I graduate next December. It is super exciting! Now if I could just get someone to give me a job... Oh, well, it will happen. Probably. Maybe. I wonder if Walmart is hiring... LOL
    Have a great week! Happy fasting!
  • KateNkognito
    @ashleyantonation I just saw your post! Welcome! I try for Monday and Thursday, too. It seems the easiest for me.
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

Hope you had a great weekend! We had a nice visit with friends on Saturday and experienced some beautiful spring like weather! Anytime I can skip wearing a jacket (or at least a heavy one) is a good day!

Hope you guys are well!! Today's Monday and a light day for me. :) Excited for some new recipes I made over the weekend: Turkey Pumpkin Chili, and Pea Soup with Turkey Sausage. We have enough food in our fridge, for an army. LOL

Have a nice one and see you all soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    edited April 2019
    Ok, Turkey Pumpkin chili????normally I love hearing about everyone’s tasty soup recipes.... but this one sounds like you’re having your dinner & dessert all in a bowl!!?! Meg.. let us know how you liked that one!! ;):s:p

So far today I’ve had 1/2 cup of shreddies & 1/2 cup almond milk... just knew I wouldn’t survive until 1:30! I usually try to wait for my first bite. This will hold me until my afternoon hard boiled egg! (I planned ahead!!)
    We got this!!
    Kate you’re almost there! Lol on the Walmart hiring!!! You won’t need that!
  • ashleyantonation
    First 500 day- Not feeling to bad had a quick frozen lunch today for 270 cals at noon. Now to plan something light for supper.
  • KateNkognito
    @ashleyantonation I hope you made it through your first day without any problems!

@Meghan509 I just can't see turkey pumpkin chili being a hit around here. Glad your fridge is stocked, though and that the weather was nice for you!

@mamainthekitchen I hope you did fabulously! You got this!

I have gotten in a food rut with swinging by a restaurant EVERY night. I bought a bunch of stuff at the store tonight to help me get past that. I have salad, chicken, instant rice and pasta, tea, low sodium soups, etc. I WILL fast tomorrow and get over this little hump! I hope everyone had a great fast day! Have a great week!
  • mamainthekitchen
    653 cals!

Not bad for me lately, but I woke up hungry, so that wasn’t good.

Great start to your first fast day @ashleyantonation ! Wondering how the rest of the day went... we’ve all struggled here. Some days work better than others. Some like to save all there cals for an evening meal, while I need about 4 oz of cottage cheese or Something to hold me till dinner. Drink tons of water each & every day.... it will get easier.

Busy day tomorrow! To many chores to list!!!!!!!
  • ashleyantonation
    Well I made it through but because of poor planning I went to bed hungry lol. I finished the day off with a salad and then ended up tasting some of my families meal while I was preparing it. Ended the day with 492 cals. I think for Thursday I will try to have something smaller at lunch time so I can have something more substantial for dinner. It will be a learning curve to see what keeps me satisfied on fasting days. Thanks everyone for the support I really appreciate it :)
  • Meghan509
    Hi guys!

First and foremost - below is the infamous Turkey Pumpkin Chili recipe, courtesy of Whole Foods, for you all. LOL This uses a can of pumpkin puree, so it doesn't taste artificial or sweet. The pumpkin adds sort of a smooth butternut squash consistency to the chili. A huge favorite of ours. I add a few other spices, a can of black beans, and a chopped red pepper and I get eight servings out of it. For your viewing pleasure. :smiley:

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/turkey-pumpkin-chili

Sounds like everybody is rolling along here, glad to see it! My lighter day went well for Monday! I came in around 700 which is good for me. I had salad for lunch and a bean and ground chicken stew / soup for dinner. Coffee in the AM, every morning, with milk. Cheese stick for a snack.

Drinking some water and getting some stuff done here. Will check on you guys again soon. Have a great day!
  • KateNkognito
    Hi, all!
    @ashleyantonation Glad you made it through! I have to have a "bigger" dinner on fasting days. I usually do 150 or so for lunch and then 300 or so calories for dinner. Then I go to bed early! LOL I find sparkling water helps a LOT on fast days. The bubbles make my tummy happy. Hope this helps!

@Meghan509 That is great that you had such a good light day! You got this!

@mamainthekitchen You go, girl!

I haven't had a fast in a couple of weeks. I am going to try for tomorrow and Saturday. Which reminds me to go and pack my salad for lunch and get the chicken breasts out of the freezer for dinner tomorrow night. I love to chop the chicken into "nuggets" and coat with herbs/spices and just the tiniest bit of flour and then brown it in a pan with a bit of butter. I know butter gets a bad rap, but I swear it makes me feel fuller using a couple of teaspoons of butter vs using oil.
    21 more school days! Must dash to get ready for tomorrow and do my homework! Have a great rest of the week, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

@KateNkognito great advice on light days! That chicken recipe sounds tasty and easy. I was thinking of taking some chicken breasts and putting them in the crockpot with some salsa, then putting the shredded chicken on top of a salad for next week's light day lunches. Could add some black beans and some light cheese to the greens if the calories work.

Good luck with the last few weeks of school! You got this!!

Hope everybody else is good. Things are going well here. Had a good light day Monday and a good regular day yesterday. Regular day today is going well. Had some cereal for breakfast with cashew milk. Yummy.

See you all soon. Make it a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Hello all!

Hope your week is going well. I just logged all my food in for the day and I should come in under 700.

My week is going well. I am counting down until vacation. We are going to Jamaica from Saturday, May 4 to Saturday, May 11. We will be with another couple. Going to a new place, but same resort company that we've been to in the past. Wow, so we depart in two Saturdays. WOW. That came up fast.

Hope everybody is good. Have a great day, especially if today is your light day!

See ya'll soon!
  • ashleyantonation
    Hello!
    So First week down. I made a last minute decision yesterday to make it a fasting day. It went much better :smiley:@KateNkognito I added flavored sparkling water into my day and it was fantastic. Honestly the most hungry I have felt is the morning after a fasting day as I am also doing 16:8. I love the idea that I only feel restricted 2 days of the week. I am down 4.4lbs since Monday morning. I know that the first week of a new WOE you will lose more and I don't normally get on the scale everyday but I have found it to be super helpful this week to see where I am at. My two fasting days I ended the day at 492 calories for the day and yesterday I made sure I had protein at dinner so that really helped. Thanks again for all the advice and support. I hope everyone is having a great week as well.
  • KateNkognito
    So, yesterday became a fast day when something I ate rebelled and I got sick. I am thinking of making tomorrow a proper fast day. I have an inservice day to learn about the new reading curriculum, so I figure I will be away from all the tasty food, so I should take advantage. :)

@ashleyantonation Glad you made it through and the second day was easier. That is a great loss! Congratulations!

@Meghan509 Have fun on your vacation! Bottle some sunshine and send it to me!

Off to do all the things on my list. My kids are rubbing it in that they have a day off and I don't. LOL
  • mamainthekitchen
    Hi all... whew, been busy helping to prep for painting my son’s room... wiping walls, a little spackle, everything will be so much easier when my cast comes off next tues!!! Woohoo!!!! Can hardly wait!!

All this talk of chicken and salad.... I like to sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning (sorry @orlcam it’s from a bottle :# ) then slice when cooked & browned to add on top of a cesear salad! Yum.

Gotta laugh meg... your turkey pumpkin chili recipe sounds interesting....... but I’m leaving that alone! Hahaha... however I didn’t know there were recipes on the whole foods site!!!! So thanks for sharing that little nugget of info! I don’t have one near me so wouldn’t have thought about looking for that.

@ashleyantonation your enthusiasm is awesome!! So glad you made such great progress last week! I hope your weeks continue like this... and hoping it rubs off on me! I’m great at starting out the day, but end poorly!!!

Yesterday was not the fast I wanted. I was so busy prepping the sons room that my hubs went to the store for steaks! Well that didn’t end well... enough said.

I’m up early here as my dog pooped on the carpet and i woke from the foul smell!!!! Omg poor girl.

Off to put the kettle on! Sorry this got too long...
    Have a great Friday everyone!!!
    Meghan you’re gonna have an awesome trip!!! “Ya Mon!”
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all!

@ashleyantonation congrats on a successful first week! You got this! Nice loss!!!
    I love the flavored waters too! Our office stocks them in different flavors made by Schwepps, Polar, and some others. There's no sodium in those either which is good.

I am plugging along. Not 100% focused but hanging in there. Need to get back to the gym. My guy is having a doctor's appt on Monday with an Orthopedic. So hopefully he is feeling better and we can get back to the gym soon. No, I am not motivated enough to go by myself. And I have been feeling lousy too with hip and back pain. Just being honest is all... :)

Our office is open today too, @KateNkognito so no holiday for me. Boo... Hoping to get out a little early. Good thing is traffic was non existent today. Woo hoo! Hope you are feeling better. Getting sick from food is no fun. :(

We are having dinner with my guy's parents tomorrow for an early Easter get together. Sunday should be low key.

Hope you and your families have a great Passover, Easter, all of the above. <3

See you soon!