Accelerate in April

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
Time to get it in gear! I have wasted 3 months in the area of better nutrition, weight loss and training
Got my hardest race in 20 days!
April Goals
1. weight loss of 7 lbs!
2. finish reading Whole 30 book and start one new habit each week
3. 100% no snacking after work

4. establish accelerated training program...need 20 bike miles followed by 3 run miles
5. no post Lent sweet craziness!
7k1wngu6ehqy.jpg

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    You got this! Can't wait to hear about your race results!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    testing out a ten day glucose device that uses wireless techo ( i teach diabetes so trying out new technology). totally cool to test out how my blood sugar ( which is in normal range) reacts to different foods. i have such a bad toast habit that i am looking for a healthy carb option. i drank a Mexican soft drink last week with a chicken taco in a flour tortilla and my blood sugar shot up 40 points almost immediately! sugar and white flour!

have fun with your Zumba!
  • barbhat13
    Options
    ht13c86h00aw.jpg
    this is after two pieces of skinny toast about 200 calories with butter. sharp rise
  • tress29
    Options
    I'd love to have the whole setup, CGM, insulin pump. I'd have to stab myself about 80% less than I do now!

I gotta get my kid to France and back this next school year before I have the money to pay my portion of the setup costs though.
  • tress29
    Options
    Grrrr! I was doing so much better sticking to my calories goals, then BAM! 6-700 calories over the last two days. That's what happens when I buy potato chips. I have no will power when I start eating them. The next time I have a craving I'll buy one of those little single serve bags at Walmart. When they're gone, they're gone!

• barbhat13
    Options
    ybjlunvesb30.jpg
    good race....finished not last! tough hilly 20 miles on bike but still a good first big race of the season. this is the lake where we swam
  • tress29
    Options
    How often do you do races? Once a month during the season?
  • barbhat13
    Options
    about every other month for the big races. i try to run a 5k each month. the swim only races are just 3 times a year
  • tress29
    Options
    That’s awesome!

I managed to average 4500 steps in April and took the little dog for walks about 20/30 days. He’s started pestering me in the evenings, he likes his walks!