Another, "Should I do it?" Post

Options
jbwegner1
jbwegner1 Posts: 2 Member
Hi all! I have a consultation appointment tomorrow. Been doing lots of research. Talked to a few friends who have had surgery. I felt for sure that I was committed to making the leap. But now I am not too sure. Does anyone regret having surgery and if so, why? I LOVE food. Love to eat. I am so worried I won't be able to stick to portion control and limited food choices. I have slowly gained weight over the past 20 years or so. I am 5'7'' and about 290? I have two baby girls that I desperately want to keep up with.
Any words of encouragement? Advice? Thanks!

Replies

• dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You will be fine, you just have cold feet. Go into it with a positive attitude and you will do great. I told myself my surgery would go smoothly, my recovery would go smoothly. Guess what? Everything went smoothly. You are having major surgery, so discomfort is to be expected. In all honestly, this surgery went better than my hysterectomy. I had a bit of pain with the hysterectomy, but after 48 hours it was more me being sore.
  • natmic76
    natmic76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    BEST DECISION I EVER MADE! The surgery will help you with portion control. I had surgery in August and am able to eat what ever I want now, just smaller portions. There is nothing I have not been able to tolerate. I am 5'4 and weighed 235. I now weigh 160. I went from a 18 pant and 2xl top to a size 6 pant and a medium top.