Teeth and Gum Issues

Options
rhtexasgal
rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
Anyone else experiencing this? Before I would have occasional gum soreness before a period but now in perimenopause, I am having it to the extreme along with sensitivity to heat and cold drinks and foods. Dentist says oral health-wise, I am fine and just have to deal ... and it is always on one side. I find that this really bites the big one and cannot find anything that alleviates it.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I had that problem when I was pregnant, and same, there wan't anything they could do about it...try sensodyne toothpaste, and mouthwash every night/morning...it helped me then, might help you now.
  • rhtexasgal
    Options
    Literally within like 2 hours, all my symptoms disappeared! I went from feeling like one part of my gums were shredded like raw meat to nothing at all ... it has to be nerve issues or something.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • rhtexasgal
    Options

Thanks for sharing this link but it is not what I had. It was localized to one spot on my gums, around a molar and it felt like a festering canker sore. I just KNEW that area had to be a raw, gaping wound. However, my hubby looked (I invested in one of those dental mirrors) and he said that it simply looked red and swollen. I also had sensitivity to heat and cold on the same side of my mouth. Pretty weird when I could drink cold water and swish on one side of my mouth with no problem but not the other!

Then literally within several hours, the pain and sensitivity was gone. Hormones have been proven to be culprits of dental issues which means there is nothing I can do about it!
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Not to that extend but I do notice my gum being more sensitive