Diet Support

Options
JcMey3r
JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
struggling with fast food or binge eating, come in here so we can help you out.

Replies

• TEW73
    TEW73 Posts: 2
    Options
    The worst thing I deal is not so much binge eating but eating without thinking what or how much I am eating. A lot times I will open a bag of chips or some other junk food, and tell myself I am only going to have a few. The next thing I know the whole container is gone and I really do not even remember eating that much. A lot times this happens at night after working all day to eat healthy. It sucks making it through the day eating right only to have wasted on a bag of chips I did not enjoy.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    Maybe try and have a cheat meal every 2-3 days and make sure it is just one meal. Best would be not to even open the bag of chips or buy junk food.

Look at it, add it to your MFP and see how it ruins your diet. then delete it and go pack it away.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    I like Biltong(Beef Jerky) and always just thought it was good protein until I added it to MFP (First time having MFP when eating biltong) and just saw how much sodium it contains.

That really changed my outlook on it and where I would eat thinking im getting protein I only eat one a day(if I have) as too not mess up what im doing on MFP
  • PartyPerson
    PartyPerson Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love sweet stuff, and snacking, and drinking vodka, and my portion control is poor....but logging everything really helps. My current strategy is to burn lots of cals with exercise to allow myself a treat a day - or save them up for my traditional friday night after work drinks.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    How do you drink your vodka atm? and how many meals do you eat per day?
  • PartyPerson
    Options
    Nowadays I drink Vodka and diet coke - I tend to be a party animal so limit myself to one night a week or I know it would all get out of hand!

I eat 3 "meals" and 2 or 3 snacks. The snacks used to be chocolate, I am currently converting to healthier snacks like fruit or a light sandwich in the hope of changing my appetite, my thought was that if I could cut choc out for a while I might be able to train myself not to crave it so much. I ignore the warnings about sugar in fruit as it is much less than I used to eat and I can gradually cut that down once I get back into the healthier eating habits I had before I gave up smoking.
  • JcMey3r
    Options
    perhaps try cooking 5-6 small meals a day and eat throughout and if you feel n little hungry drink a glass or 2 of water. Maybe have like 2-3 blocks of chocolate in the evening if you are really craving it.

I find the more I exercise the more I crave chocolate in specific.

Also one thing that works really well is not having sweet at home at all, Id much rather then turn to a healthier snack than drive to the shop for sweets
  • PartyPerson
    Options
    Thanks hun - I'll give it a go.