Hello..👋🏼

Options
FDLt89
FDLt89 Posts: 11 Member
New to the group and wanted to say hello. I’m a 44 years old and look forward to meeting everyone. 🍻 cheers!!

Replies

• LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group :)
  • FDLt89
    Options
    Thank you!😊
  • elizabethhw
    elizabethhw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m 48 and have a long road ahead but today I’m positive I can do it! Saw a photo of myself in my daughters birthday pic last week and that’s motivated change!
  • workoutmama2531
    workoutmama2531 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys and gals. About to turn 40 in a few months. Wanted to say hi and Meer people around my age staying fit and fabulous.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 42 and new to this group! Nice to see others dealing with the same issues losing weight that I am.
  • FDLt89
    Options
    Just curious, what’s everyone’s choice when it comes to fitness routines? Weightlifting, steady state cardio, HIIT, Zumba, CrossFit? My routine is mostly weight lifting, but I’m looking to try something different.
  • fatandolduk
    fatandolduk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    👋 I'm new to this group too, so hello everyone. I've meant to say hi for a few days but I'm never sure what to say, ha

Fitness routines for me are... Not a lot really. I try and get my steps in

https://www.fitbit.com/user/5XHJM5

If anyone has a fitbit and fancies a challenge.

When I can be bothered going to the gym, which isn't that often tbh, I like the resistance and strength stuff. I need to get back into it because I feel better and less creaky.

Turns out I had quite a lot to say there 😂
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also new to this group! I am 42 years old. Full time worker and mom of 2 littles, one of which has autism. I have my plate full. No pun intended! Ha!

I need to lose 90 lbs. I'd be happy to lose 30 though at this point :)

I would like to do as much clean eating as possible. And for exercise, its walking and gardening for me!
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    I live in a small town that doesn't have a great gym and my current schedule doesn't really have time in it to go. I do planks, pushups, triceps dips....walk 2.75 miles on my lunch break when possible, garden, clean 11 stalls (horses), ride 3-4 horses and all the chores that go along with them.
  • FDLt89
    Options
    Just curious, what is everyone’s profession? Seems we all have busy schedules!
  • SarahGilfach
    SarahGilfach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well. I'm 43, and have decided that this is the year to finally sort out my fitness. I have similar issues to @cayenne_007 regarding the gym, but I've started Couch to 5K (week 6 at the moment), and I have a strength training app on my phone that takes me through bodyweight strength training exercises every day as well. I walk every day that I'm not doing C25K, just for half an hour, but quite often go on 6-8 miles hikes on the weekends. It's useful not relying on the gym, it makes the whole exercise routine much faster and more convenient to fit into my day.

As far as profession goes, I teach Welsh to adults and do a bit of web design/tech support on the side.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I like hiking or walking, biking and Martial Arts. I get to the gym occasionally as I don't have the time to get to it that much, also kind of boring.

I work in IT looking after Networking and telecommunications.
  • cayenne_007
    Options
    I'm a controller for a manufacturing company = lots of time sitting on my butt at work playing with numbers.
  • fatandolduk
    fatandolduk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of jobs at the moment. I work in a school office 2 days and I work for a charity that gives support to new mums feeding their babies for 2 days too.
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi :smile: I am an STNA and a figure skating coach. I do cardio and weights.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I’m not new but not sure I ever posted in here.... I like variety in my workouts so I mostly take classes at the gym but when there are none available I’ll do some cardio and weights. I’d like to do more strength training but I find my schedule all over the place and sometimes I’m just lost on what to do. Recently just trying to get back on the wagon so I’ve at least done something each day this week. I am a quality manager for a plasma donation center.
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I turned 42 this year and set out this past jan to lose weight. It took a lot of dedication, but I dropped ~30 pounds 212 ->181. The exercise regiment I follow focuses on intensity over duration. I do strength training 3 days/week, HIIT 2 days/week, and sprinkle in some road/mountain biking on the weekends. For example, I had a workout last week that took me 12 minutes and I was done for the day, but it was maximum effort. I'm an Air Force pilot and they keep me busy, so I was trying to find something that didn't require me to be in the gym for hours every week. The catalyst for me to drop weight was nutrition; I meal prep now and track all my calories, macros, and to a lesser extent micros. I'm looking for some fitness buddies as well, so feel free to add. I'm have one at the moment; thanks @nickylee76 .
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile: I am 44. I hit my original goal, recently came back with a new goal :smiley: Feel free to add me also :blush:
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm finally the older one here. I am 49 and trying to look fab for my next birthday. Feel free to add me.
  • mmi783
    mmi783 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, homeschool mom, farmer, and have just started to get back into running. I'm up to about 4 km of a 5km. Finding it hard to take the time to log in and track my food. I don't think I've ever posted on here either ! Good Luck everyone :blush: