Almost there...

Options
must_deflate
must_deflate Posts: 183 Member
Hi-- I just joined.
In my entire life, I'd never had any trouble with my weight until about 12 years ago. I am 5'2 and usually maintained around 105 lbs (FYI that is in the normal BMI range and I do weight-training so I am not skinny-fat.) Any time a few pounds would creep on, I'd cut back on food for a week or two and lose it easily.
12 years ago I went on an antidepressant. My weight began to creep up and the normal things I'd done to lose it weren't working anymore. And it kept getting more and more difficult just to stop gaining. I thought it was menopause. But after 10 years and an extra 30 lbs (verging on an overweight BMI), I became desperate and went off my antidepressant. (I did it myself which isn't a good idea, but my Dr. didn't take the weight gain seriously.) The weight started coming off like water: 5 lbs in the first couple of weeks without changing ANYTHING else in my behavior. I am now on a different antidepressant (because I REALLY need something for that). This new med seems to work for me and the weight is still coming off . I've lost 24 lbs in 18 months. I am careful about what I eat (mostly) but not in the least extreme about it. Slow but sure... My hope was to get down to 110 lbs, and if I did that, to re-evaluate and maybe see if I could get back to 105.

Well I'm down to 110.8 and looking forward to bikini season for the first time in over a decade. (And yeah, I'm "old" but not too old for a bikini.) Crossing fingers that I can lose a few more lbs to get rid of the last bit of excess fluff...