May 5 Sign In

Options

Replies

• Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - playing and racing my kiddos at the park... my watch picked it up as exercise - so I'll count it also!

I’m not sure how you logged it but just running or walking is short changing yourself for offsetting additional calories. Running after children would include aspects of functional training: side and forward lunges, squats, forward and side bends (and stretches I imagine), lower body strength workout if you happen to pick them up, and so forth. It’s most definitely a workout! I’ll bet it was more exhausting then your standard workout!!

Good for you!!!! 🏃🏻‍♀️🤾🏻‍♀️🤸🏽‍♀️🏋🏻‍♀️🤼‍♀️💪🏼👏

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @ShareASmile
    I’m a very social guy! I like interaction among team members.
    Rick
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Exercised?: Yes. gardening & cleaning
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walked the track for 30 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Thanks @ShareASmile! Fun hearing where other members are from. I’m in Las Vegas, NV😊 where it’s pretty much always sunny.

I’m taking a pass day today. Went to Mass and someone sitting right behind us was sneezing, coughing, etc and I’m not feeling so good. Hoping it’s just a little bug.
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    May 5
    Tracked?: Yes

Calories?: Yes.
    Yes by a tiny margin, very tough day, ended up eating way more than intended and needed a emergency brisk hour's walk to keep things in the black.

Exercised?: Yes.
    45 Min Cycle (two deer), a Second Family Cycle and walk of about an hour and a half, leisurely with coffee stop. Emergency 60 Min Hike at dusk.

@ShareASmile I'm located on the North Yorkshire Coast, England. Near Whitby. Lots of outdoors, not so much organised group exercise options. (I miss the Yoga classes I used to do before moving here)
    @krea4 new habits are tough, I struggle. But as MadisonMolly2017 said, small changes do add up and progress can be made. I also overeat when stressed, and I 'give up' if it all gets too much, so I'm a serial starter. I've had to gradually work on other aspects of my life because I can't succeed with weight loss and fitness unless I address the underlying cause. I'm not sure if I am there yet, but I have made slow progress over the years. Be proud that you are trying and celebrate every small success because that is the path to take.