Current Weight: 240.0
Total Lost: 0.0
Calories: 2,129
Hydration: 32oz
Sleep: 6:37
Resting Heart Rate: 74
Feeding Time: 10:00 - 22:00

Notes:
Today did not go the way I planned. I broke my toe this morning and it caused some stress. But instead of pushing back my new OMAD plan I'm just going to take it in strides and keep going. Here's to another day tomorrow.

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hello there and a warm welcome :) Ouch, so sorry to hear about your toe! Get well soon :) Cheering you on on your OMAD plan :)
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ned, hope your toe heals well. OMAD is a great way of eating, wishing you much success
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Awwwwwwwww your poor toe!!! Remember that you can still eat what you want if you're stressed, you've just gotta do it at your OMAD time! WOOT WOOT!

Glad you started a thread :)
  • NedlySunshine
    NedlySunshine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day: 2
    Date: April 19, 2019
    Current Weight: 237.2
    Total Lost: 2.8
    Calories: 1,340
    Hydration: 64oz
    Sleep: 7:39
    Resting Heart Rate: 75
    Feeding Time: 20:00 - 21:00

Notes:
    Today was a better day, I actually managed to eat just one meal. It was rough though. Around 13:30 I got super hungry, a few of you suggested tea or hot water. It really did work. So I'll be taking tea bags to work. Also my toe is doing well. Still hurts, but not as bad as yesterday!

I am happy with my loss today. The first couple of weeks will be fun with all the water weight I hope!
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your 2.8 loss! :+ Yes, tea works superbly well :) Glad to hear that your toe is healing too! Here's wishing you a Happy Easter <3
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Nice start! So sorry about your toe; that sounds super painful :s When your toe gets better...I find the thing that gets my mind off of hunger is to get busy and out of the house. I'll walk or run errands and I don't think of eating at all if I do that. But....arghhhh...hard for you to do with your injury so ...lots of fluids will certainly help. I hope you heal up quickly <3
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Nice loss, and yes it's mostly water weight in the beginning so don't get discouraged when it slows down and also the hunger gets better the longer you do OMAD :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Agreed with all... Nice work @NedlySunshine o:)

Your poor toe lol...such an annoying injury lol

Tea is magic... Seriously...i like green tea for the health benefits double whammy 😍

Kat's more adventurous than me but distractions do indeed make the time fly much faster
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    Day: 3
    Date: April 20, 2019
    Current Weight: 236.4
    Total Lost: 3.6
    Calories: 1,715
    Hydration: 82oz
    Sleep: 5:17
    Resting Heart Rate: 76
    Feeding Time: 18:00 - 21:00

Notes:
    Today was a bit messy. My partner was hosting a party and I had a theater show to go to, so I ate before I went. I had to have another small bite before bed to take a medication. So it was one meal and a snack. I'll take it!

I went to a drag show, it was AMAZING!
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    Thank you all for being so supportive. This is definitely harder than I thought it would be and all your suggestions are seriously helping.
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    Day: 4
    Date: April 21, 2019
    Current Weight: 236.4
    Total Lost: 4.2
    Calories: 1,482
    Hydration: 13oz
    Sleep: 8:10
    Resting Heart Rate: 75
    Feeding Time: 9:00 - 9:15 and 20:00 - 22:00

Notes:
    Ok, I know some really smart people read this  (how lucky am I!) How do you guys deal with taking medication? I am battling a cold and I can't take medication on an empty stomach. I was thinking broth maybe...but I don't know if that'll break a fast. This morning I had a small bite, but I wanted to know if there was a better way.
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! And congrats on your loss so far. Sorry for your toe --ouch....

I had a surgery back in January and was having to have something on my stomach before taking meds as well --so for me, it worked when I made it a low cal snack --I usually had the 80 calorie fat free yogurt with a few berries.....it gave me enough coating not to kill my stomach and it wasn't high calorie.....But you have to take care of yourself because life happens so I just didn't worry too much about it and kept it small and then still did my OMAD later in the day. During that period it was more of IF than OMAD since my fast was broken with the snack--but I still saw results!
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    Day: 5
    Date: April 22, 2019
    Current Weight: 234.8
    Total Lost: 5.2
    Calories: 1,245
    Hydration: 65oz
    Sleep: 6:02
    Resting Heart Rate: 73
    Feeding Time: 20:00 - 21:00

Notes:
    Today was a pretty good day. Still feeling icky from my cold, but it took my appetite away so it was easier to fast. I hope it continues to get easier.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Feel better soon :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    You focus on getting better first. If it means needing to eat something off plan to take meds, then do it. You can pick up OMAD again once you're better.
    That's what I really love about this group and the people in it (seriously, they're awesome!). They're not dogmatic in their thinking. It's not all or nothing. If you need to go off plan, don't sweat it. I've had plenty of days where I've needed to break my fast early b/c I felt I needed to and the folks in this group are nothing but supportive :)
    You've found a great place for your OMAD journey :)

Anywho! You are doing awesome! Pushing through breaking your toe (OUCH!) and a cold? Keep it up!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're doing great and it will get easier :)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Nice work Ned! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it! Once you get into the habit it's really just super easy and sustainable :)

Keep it up!! WOOT WOOT! :flowerforyou:
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    You all are amazing. I'm so grateful I stumbled across this group. Thank you all so much.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Glad you are here :)
  • NedlySunshine
    Options
    Day: 6
    Date: April 23, 2019
    Current Weight: 237.4
    Total Lost: 2.6
    Calories: 1,070
    Hydration: 48oz
    Sleep: 7:02
    Resting Heart Rate: 72
    Feeding Time: 22:00 - 22:30

Notes:

Woke up to a messy house. When I'm sick, nothing gets done. I'm hoping that I can get some motivation to tidy up a bit. After work I was feeling so much better and I made it to my OMAD. This is getting easier. Thank goodness.