Newbie here...

amypearl16
amypearl16 Posts: 2 Member
New to app

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Hello and welcome! Are you new to clean eating as a lifestyle?

Jenn
  • sammycastello526
    sammycastello526 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm New what is eating clean for real I try what i think is eating clean but i would like a better understanding
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    Hello. I have been eating cleaner since the 1970s--still a friend lent a book How not to Die, by Greger. And I am learning some vital things. Unlike many nutrition books, it is light on so-and-so's stories and ends with 140 pg of citations.
  • jerrybrailsford
    jerrybrailsford Posts: 2 Member
    this is the next step to countering all the crap I put into the body back in the 70's. Working on the physical with noticeable success as well as feeling the success but not doing as well on the nutrition side as I want. Saw this group and though it'd be a good one to learn from.
  • lpina2mi
    lpina2mi Posts: 425 Member
    this is the next step...nutrition....Saw this group thought it'd be a good one to learn from.

Hey Group! what was one thing you tossed and one thing added?

tossed all soda, including 'diet'//added beans; they are very filling

• dougsingleton58
    dougsingleton58 Posts: 10 Member
    I tossed the all the white stuff... white flour, white sugar, white rice, white potatoes, etc. Also decided to go whole hog and tossed the sweetened drinks too. I thought I had a brain tumor the first 2 weeks because of the withdraw/detoxing, but I pushed through it and feel great now, Sorry, I know that was more than "one thing", but it feels too good to keep to myself.
  • Riley9460
    Riley9460 Posts: 9 Member
    tossed soda and most processed food ... added more greens
  • bren2161
    bren2161 Posts: 3 Member
    New to the group not so new to the eating however I still struggle with too many sweats hope to find some inspiration to try to cut dessert eating and binge eating on ice cream and candy bars!
  • nikkigarland79
    nikkigarland79 Posts: 104 Member
    bren2161 wrote: »
    New to the group not so new to the eating however I still struggle with too many sweats hope to find some inspiration to try to cut dessert eating and binge eating on ice cream and candy bars!

I have began to love a good aged balsamic over strawberries. Sounds terrible but tastes is amazing. Really kicks the sweet craving for me.
  • Satisfiedwithbetter
    Satisfiedwithbetter Posts: 970 Member
    Sounds good!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Years ago, I cut out almost all corn products (and corn syrups unless non gmo-organic), almost all soy products (unless organic and fermented), almost all eating out, and almost all processed foods.

Back on mfp again for another journey cutting out all flour (breads--even my homemade organic breads), rice, and cane sugar.

I am using Stevia in the Raw, although it has maltodextrin in it, it doesn't make me feel bloated and blah like cane sugar. As soon as I can afford it, getting some pure monk fruit.

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    bren2161 wrote: »

@bren2161

I made a healthy homemade version of chocolate ice cream the other day.

1/2 cup of half and half or coconut milk
    2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 tbsp of Stevia (or monk fruit or swerve)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp of coffee (optional)
    1-2 tbsp of coconut oil

Heat all ingredients on low heat, stirring with fork or whisk, until mostly blended (will still have a few cocoa clumps).

Pour in mixing bowl, add 1 diced avocado, and mix with mixer until smooth, freeze. Made me about 3 servings.

It was a nice sweet substitution for the real thing!
  • mamcmurray
    mamcmurray Posts: 8 Member
    I'm New what is eating clean for real I try what i think is eating clean but i would like a better understanding

Clean eating is a very simple approach to try and reduce processed foods in your diet, along with adopting healthy habits. Here's an abbreviated article from the Mayo clinic that explains it in one page:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/clean-eating/faq-20336262

I keep going back to the Harvard Medical Journal summary of best approaches to healthy eating; they summarized a healthy approach as:
    1) Eat real food
    2) Slightly less than you think you need
    3) Mostly plants

That's it. Simple to write; hard to execute.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    New here.
    I eat pretty clean. Looking to reduce meat and more veggies.