Keto feel too good to be true

StolerCloud
StolerCloud Posts: 2 Member
Hey everyone, Keto-Ken here. I've been on Keto for 2 weeks now. I'm honestly at the point where I'm not salivating over small of fresh pizza. I'm down 15lbs since starting two weeks ago. It feels almost too good to be true. Long term, this diet must get old right? For those of you that have been on keto long-term- how do you keep yourself from getting bored?

Thanks!

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    19 months, not bored yet.

I used to struggle with staying on-plan during holiday events, because they are so food focused and so many of my favorite foods are not keto. But this past Easter, it was totally a breeze. Probably the first holiday in a long time that I just ate to my hunger cues and didn't gorge or go over on calories without having to really work at it...totally effortless, not sure of the science behind it, but I'm certain the long-term keto is the reason.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    4 years going strong. Not one day have I faltered. As far as I’m concerned, there is no other way. I couldn’t possibly choose anything where I don’t feel as good as this.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    There are so many options that I find myself experimenting much much more now...I'm using radishes in ways I never have in the past (in place of potatoes, even in potato salad)..and OMG I love a small amount of strawberries mixed in with cream cheese and a little substitute sweetener....

I make all types of salads now, where in the past salad was boring to me. I now make salads and use different meats in them like shrimp, cut up salmon, ham, salami, pepperoni, sardines, tuna, etc.. throw in a little avocado and olives, with some good organic no sugar added dressing, and it keeps it from being the same old thing each time.

If you watch some of the youtube stuff, there's a bunch of videos of all kinds that show you basicallly how to make Keto versions of literally anything you can think of...and Kale...OMFG with some heavy cream, parmesan cheese, little garlic and salt/pepper or cut up almonds...that stuff is seriously good!!

I've only been at it for 4 months, but it feels super easy to me now, and I find I'm enjoying trying out keto versions of different things....
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Keep the dishes flavor filled and nourishing. Use lot's of different combinations of herbs and spices to enhance and add flavors to keto dishes. Research recipes from different countries. There are literally thousands and thousands of recipes on youtube from countries all over the world. You will be very pleasantly surprised how different you can make dishes taste just by adding, adjusting, and experimenting with different herbs and spices. After awhile you will probably see how different types of dishes from different countries will vary greatly in taste.
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    The food choices are great. I tend to get bored with cooking and preparing foods. My tendency to fall off plan is when I am hungry and I don't want to cook anything. I guess what I am saying is that it is essential for me to have access to quick meals. I just have to make sure I have the food in the house/pantry and a list of ideas written down or in my head. I also have to give myself permission to eat a meal that is simple. I try to eat veggies at least once a day, often twice...but if I am busy and it is easiest to be a carnivore that day, I just go with it.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    145 days on keto, I haven't wavered or felt bored with my food choices. It's like a relationship you find ways to keep it fresh and fun!
  • VictoryGarden
    VictoryGarden Posts: 194 Member
    Welcome! I am not yet a long -timer since i started about 7 months ago, but so far i have been eating foods in waves. Deviled eggs, pickles, various olives, pecans, spinach, and all sorts of meats. Add in some avocado, broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, or green beans and I can make an almost endless variety of meals.

The only thing I really miss is peas. They will be my reward for reaching a healthy weight. 😉
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    I have been keto since 2016. It has not gotten old for me. It feels like a pretty natural way to eat for me, and I find the food satisfying. I don't do cheat days or go off program.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    I’m 4 years, plus a couple of months now, into Keto, and primarily carnivore. I haven’t gotten bored with it. I’ve found this to be the easiest woe for me.
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    5 years still going strong. I've had weeks where I eat like the old days, but for the most part Keto is my life's way of eating. Keto actually saved my life. My grand-daughter's first birthday was yesterday. I enjoyed one piece of cake. That's what I love about Keto. I can still enjoy holidays for the day, birthdays for the day. Then pop right back into Keto.