How is everyone?

I haven't checked in a while. Sadly this group doesn't seem super active. How is everyone?

Replies

• zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    Just joined the group yesterday and am exploring the primal way of eating right now. Just picked up my library hold of The New Primal Blueprint-dang is that a big book lol! Going to start it this afternoon :)
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    That's exciting @zeejane4! I hope it goes well for you!
  • zeejane4
    zeejane4 Posts: 230 Member
    edited April 2019
    That's exciting @zeejane4! I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks!

I'm in maintenance and have been eating a higher carb, mostly plant based diet. But, due to some digestion issues/stomach bloating, along with some weight creep, I decided to try something completely new and a couple weeks ago started lowering my carb intake, to around 100g a day. Since then I've settled in the 50g-75g range for net carbs a day and I'm really enjoying the food swaps I've made. I've read through several Atkins books and now I'm staring to read some primal/paleo books :)
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    This group used to be super active, but it looks like folks have moved on.
    I’ve been eating VLC, or LCHF mostly primal, but some days I’m at keto level. I fast (or at least try to) for 20 hrs, with a 4 hour eating window.
    Glad to see some activity on here!
  • eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    I haven't been on here for a while, but usually keep track of friends on my home page, I'll try to check in more often.
    I've been eating paleo/primal for about 7yrs, I started with low GI then went low carb/primal. I was vegetarian then pescetarian in my younger days, but I feel better with less grains/legumes. I tend to eat within an 8hr window but I'm not super strict about it. I usually eat around 50g carbs or lower, but again I'm not super strict. I'm really in maintenance and like to keep my bodyfat and visceral fat at a healthy %.