Introducing myself

Options
Joiha
Joiha Posts: 11 Member
Hi everyone,

I am new here.

Here is a bit of background and my current status:

Height: 5'2"
All time Heaviest: 225.0 lbs (April 11, 2014)

In 2014, I managed to lose a total of 64 lbs, which got me down to 161 lbs. and was about 3/4 of the way to my original goal. (My goal is to get to 130 lbs.) I then started my divorce, went back to college and got 2 degrees (a new bachelor's degree and my first master's degree). During 2015 I managed to maintain most of my weight loss. But since the end of 2015, I have been steadily regaining weight. In January of this year, I finally managed to get employed. Just this month, I joined a gym right across the street from work and I committed to a personal trainer 8x/month for 4 months.

In 2018 I had a bunch of blood work done and we have finally determined that I have non-celiac's gluten sensitivity as well as a VERY long list of food sensitivities. I have been trying to convince myself to change my diet for a long time and as of yesterday, I am going to try to follow the combined AIP/Paleo dietary guidelines. By combining these protocols, I automatically eliminate the vast majority (but not all) of my food sensitivities. This is a HUGE change from my historical eating patterns, so I strongly suspect that I will struggle, at least for a while. I would love support and encouragement from others who have also gone through this struggle.

That gets you up to date.

Replies

• cowgirl4063
    cowgirl4063 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Tammy, also 55 soon to be 56 in July, I had to retire from my job on a medical pension due to RA, not fun~ I changed to whole food plant based only~ and I must tell you I feel better after one month. I myself got up to 215 lbs, and have basically maintained it since 2014. I'm now 202.8 feel better, if I do eat meat its only Fish maybe 2 times per week. You may want to check out Forks over Knives and Plant Strong~ I use these two books for info and recipes.... I also like The Paleo Diet cook book by Loren Cordain PHD. I can modify those recipes for plant based. keep in touch. Good luck.
  • eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, @Joiha, I haven't got the same health issues as you, but I'm in a similar age group at 48. I've eaten paleo for about 7yrs, I started by eating low GI and gradually reduced my care intake. I would be gentle on yourself if you are making lots of changes and aim for baby steps, as you are trying to make long term changes. A lot of paleo food is really delicious and I know I got rid of a lot of digestive issues by changing to this way of eating.
  • eve70
    eve70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Autocorrect, carb intake, that should read!