WAISTAWAYS TEAM CHAT - May 2019

Options

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Question: I had a REALLY good eating/exercising/water day yesterday (5/13/19). When I clicked on 'complete diary' last night, it said that 'if every day was like today, I'd weigh _____ in 5 weeks.' This isn't my first time seeing this, but I was taken aback because the projected number it gave me is 30 pounds less than I am right now. That super motivated me today because I want to find out how accurate the prediction is. There's only one way to find out: Have another equally successful day today, and tomorrow, and every day. I'm so excited to think that it's possible. Even if I don't hit the mark, if I maintain my efforts from yesterday, I will be SO much closer to that mark than I am right now.

So my question is: Has anyone tested the MFP prediction to see if it's actually accurate? Were you successful?

I personally have not seen it come to fruition. I marked 5 weeks on my calendar once to see. In all honesty, all my days were not like THAT day and that may make the difference. I eat varied things from day to day and my steps and exercise level are not consistent so that may be why I didn’t make it. I’ve been seeing estimates in Onederland for weeks and I’ve yet to get there. I’m hovering around 200. But do your test and go for it and be sure to let us know your results. That would be interesting. Good luck.

@micki48 ...You bring up a good point. While I don't anticipate the monotony if eating the same foods as yesterday, I was thinking on broader terms, like staying around the same calorie intake that I had yesterday, drinking the same amount of water or more (I drank 96 oz of water yesterday), and exercising for 90 minutes. My personal motto for the last several years has been "I don't know what I can't do until I try." Just thinking about the possibility of being 30 pounds lighter is invigorating! I'll keep you posted. :smiley:
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    cory17 wrote: »
    I had a good day yesterday and saw a correlating change on the scale this am. and my am BG was good today and head is clearer. So @evangsimmons170 here's to OUR successful day today!
    Figured how to screenshot, but couldn't get it to go into the reply box on mfp. :/ eventually...

@cory17 ....I think there must be a different way to do it if you're using your phone. I haven't had success that way, only with doing it online on my computer.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    STEPPERS!

We are no longer tracking water this week, but you can keep reporting it if you want to. I'll just be recording the steps.

Even if your steps will never match the numbers of our stars, go ahead and report them if you want to! I do, and they are never impressive. I also do other exercise and don't worry about that number. It is kind of fun to know at the end of the day, though, so I just carry my phone around with its little step counter and let it do its thing.

So we're not doing the water, steps, and weight loss challenge?

That was just for week one - the winners were announced yesterday. But we always have steppers! And reporting your full day's steps, exercise, and water is ALWAYS welcome. It inspires people, and keeps you committed and accountable. Helps all around.

And I'm really glad you had a great day yesterday and are going to put the MFP predictions to the test! They assume you will have exactly the same calorie deficit (you burned x amount more than you ate) every single day, so I always found them to be rather over-optimistic after a great day, and more realistic after a more "normal" day. But if you really keep up a similar calorie deficit over many days, you'll lose your 2 pounds a week, or whatever your goal is. Going faster than that can be difficult, but the every day, every day mantra is a great one. Good luck!
  • Navydaddjtc
    Navydaddjtc Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    TEAM WAISTAWAYS PLEASE WELCOME @Terytha TO YOUR TEAM
    SHE WILL BE ON THE SUPPORT TEAM UNTIL
    THE JUNE CHALLENGE STATS AND THEN WILL JOIN THE MAIN TEAM
  • karenesg
    karenesg Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    UserID: karenesg
    Weigh in: Wedn Week 2
    PW: 188
    CW: 186

Finally… a move downward. Two days of no alcohol (and the late night bingeing it results in), honest measuring and logging, a little exercise and lots of water is all it took. I think I can see the 170’s in my future.

Heading to Pilates… Keep up the good work everyone and have a FANTASTIC day! B)
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    UserID: Offitgoes
    Weigh in: Wed Week 2
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 176.8
  • karenesg
    Options
    Welcome @Terytha! It's a good group. Lots of support and exchange of ideas etc
  • karenesg
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    UserID: Offitgoes
    Weigh in: Wed Week 2
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 176.8

Good maintain. You'll slam it this week :smiley: I'm sure!
  • karenesg
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »
    Weighing in today Wednesday
    PW: 183.4
    CW: 181.6
    I'm hopeful I've finally climbed out of the plateau I was stuck in for the last 6 weeks. I've set up a little family competition with my siblings and dad (all overweight) so that's giving me a little boost. First to lose 5% of their bodyweight gets surprised by all the others (small gift or flattering email etc) I'm hoping I'll keep it up.

You're well on your way! Keep up the good work B)
  • karenesg
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Regarding the 'if every day was like today, I'd weigh _____ in 5 weeks" message after closing out the day's diary... I think it's really hard to have 2 days the same in any 5 week period lol! BUT it is sooooo MOTIVATING!! Both on a really good day and on a bad day. Gives me incentive to KEEP GOING! Or the wake up call to STOP THE INSANITY! and get back on track. A useful tool to me.

Let's make today a good one B)
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    5.5 W's Wednesdays ..... Who; What, When, Where, Why (and How)

Today's question: (particularly as we have a new team-member)

What kind of approach / support / encouragement / nagging / incentive do YOU find best bolsters your efforts?

Some of you are "data junkies"; some like to keep it light and disguise/frame what might seem like "work" as "play" (eg calling daily logging a numbers game called "Go For The Green"); some prefer the Meet or Beat Your Personal Best approach, especially in the exercise department.

Let us know.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for "make a game out of what you have to do anyway" .... with a side of data-junkie.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Tuesday steps 11,208. Yay!

Somehow I had 25 flights of steps. Not sure how that happened. I usually get about 8. Any ideas?
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    @Perla4686 @karenesg Great losses this week. You both inspire me. Hoping for something. But need to put in more work.

@offitgoes Sometimes when you maintain, you’re losing inches. Have you measured lately? Last month I lost very little, couple pounds, but still lost 3 1/2 inches.

I find checking in here and interacting with you all helps me the most. I am not a crazy dieter or exerciser, but if I follow my calories in, log, drink water, and get in those steps, I do ok. Now, if I get myself to the gym to get in that peak heart rate, I might do well.

I do find myself slacking off a bit. My weight is yo yo-ing with tenths of pounds this week, but so far none under 200.
  • karenesg
    Options
    @Perla4686 @karenesg Great losses this week. You both inspire me. Hoping for something. But need to put in more work.

@offitgoes Sometimes when you maintain, you’re losing inches. Have you measured lately? Last month I lost very little, couple pounds, but still lost 3 1/2 inches.

I find checking in here and interacting with you all helps me the most. I am not a crazy dieter or exerciser, but if I follow my calories in, log, drink water, and get in those steps, I do ok. Now, if I get myself to the gym to get in that peak heart rate, I might do well.

I do find myself slacking off a bit. My weight is yo yo-ing with tenths of pounds this week, but so far none under 200.

Keep on keeping on Micki, you will get there, I just know it.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Aw, thanks for that!

Keep at it, you will get there, I promise!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Perla4686 wrote: »

Aw, thanks for that!

Keep at it, you will get there, I promise!

I've finally figured out how to part quote, YEY! Took 4 months, LOL!
  • karenesg
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: »
    5.5 W's Wednesdays ..... Who; What, When, Where, Why (and How)

Today's question: (particularly as we have a new team-member)

What kind of approach / support / encouragement / nagging / incentive do YOU find best bolsters your efforts?

Some of you are "data junkies"; some like to keep it light and disguise/frame what might seem like "work" as "play" (eg calling daily logging a numbers game called "Go For The Green"); some prefer the Meet or Beat Your Personal Best approach, especially in the exercise department.

Let us know.

My husband actually told me today that he's proud of me. That is WHAT I need to hear... and WHO I need to hear it from. Not: thought you're trying to lose weight, you're not going to eating that. He's the guy that eats whatever whenever, bowls of Lucky Charms for breakfast, pints of ice cream at the end of the day, and any thing else he wants in between. Yes, he's overweight. No, he doesn't care. Some days I find myself resentful to say the least. But I KNOW I HAVE TO EAT RIGHT TO FEEL GOOD.
This discussion has been closed.