New(ish) squid on the block.

Options
mariahdoesthis
mariahdoesthis Posts: 17 Member
Hi.

Currently four months into Bulimia/BED recovery. I have joined a gym at the suggestion of my psychiatrist and he and my psychologist are always suggesting to find a supportive group of people who I can share "war stories" with.

A little about me: I'm a Cheesemonger. I have a dog. I currently live with my oldest sister, bro-in-law, two nephews, and mother. I will be returning to school full-time in the August as well as continuing to work full-time, because the hustle is real. And hopefully I will feel less like a 28-year-old loser because I will have moved out of my family's home at that point and in with one of my cheese fam.

Had a recent occurrence with my PCP that has left me feeling down on myself. Not sure how many of your out there have issues with physicians trusting either whether or not you actually have an ED or if you are taking the proper steps in recovery. Mine is the former. After today, I will no longer be seeing him, but I want to take more positive steps in taking care of myself regardless of what anybody's preconceived notions are of me based on my appearance.

I think we are all bad-*kitten* warriors who have fought a lot of battles. Some of them silent. Some of them screaming at the top of our lungs.

I don't know if recording what I eat will help, but it's worth a try. Granted, I have a mild case of PTSD recording what I eat due to a previous therapist from six years ago. Still, six years has taken me a lot of places. Kind of intrigued by where I end up at the end of this.

My psychologist likes to say we have to experiment in order to know ourselves as best as we can. I think he's onto something. So if you've got a fierce battle cry and a willingness to learn all you can about yourself (I see you there)...

Hello. Nice to meet you.

I'm Mariah.

What's your name?

Replies

• LeanMeanBusinessMachine
    Options
    Hi, I'm trying to recover the same way you're describing. How are you doing, and should we support each-other?

I'm Anne Sofie
  • Alexbuzzcut
    Alexbuzzcut Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Guess I’m now the newest. I’m trying to recover from atypical anorexia. It’s so hard to find support so I thought I’d see if I can find some here.
  • LeanMeanBusinessMachine
    Options
    I'd love to be supportive :)