How do you know?

Options
leonadixon
leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
Hi all, this is my first time posting here. I had a partial hysterectomy (still have my ovaries) in 2010 and I am currently 46YO. Have any of you experienced menopausal symptoms in a similar situation? I don't have a period to gauge my status on. I am starting to have some miserable nights as far as sleeping. I get really really HOT but not sweating which rotates throughout the night with being really really COLD. Needless to say, it makes for uncomfortable sleep. This has been going on for the past 3-4 weeks. I am usually pretty cold throughout the day and much warmer at night, but this is a completely new experience. Any thoughts and input is welcome!

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Didn't your doctor tell you what to expect?
  • leonadixon
    Options
    No. It didnt occur to me to ask at 37 YO either...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Many women experience ovarian failure a few years after having their uterus removed. You're probably in peri-menopause, but should check in with a doc.

Mine began with vertigo, more migraines, etc. And night sweats 1 week a month. Then the hot flashes began... it was a multi year process for me.
  • SassyMcFattypants
    SassyMcFattypants Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I had my Partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) in 1997. I will be 50 this year... And at that time my doc didn't tell me what to expect either because I was 27...

But we have the same symptoms... Ugh. Heart going g out to you! We in for a bumpy ride... 💓
  • leonadixon
    Options
    Many women experience ovarian failure a few years after having their uterus removed. You're probably in peri-menopause, but should check in with a doc.

Mine began with vertigo, more migraines, etc. And night sweats 1 week a month. Then the hot flashes began... it was a multi year process for me.

GIRL....my migraines are out of control! I only casually wondered it is related! I have a doctor appointment next week. I will definitely be checking with her.
  • leonadixon
    Options
    I had my Partial hysterectomy (still have ovaries) in 1997. I will be 50 this year... And at that time my doc didn't tell me what to expect either because I was 27...

But we have the same symptoms... Ugh. Heart going g out to you! We in for a bumpy ride... 💓

Thank you for the reply! What a ride!