Synching

Options

Replies

• Anthony_Hodges
    Anthony_Hodges Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So I'm curious. Does the API degraded performance alert indicate that sync is still down? The reason I ask is because it indicates that the Android app is operational.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Syncing is between accounts, not involving the App - the app is merely access to your account.

It had it's own issue with food entries.
  • Anthony_Hodges
    Anthony_Hodges Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ah gotcha. I honestly never use the website but I checked it and now understand what you mea
  • GretelGSD
    GretelGSD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My Charge HR isn't syncing for some reason.
  • cmor1701d
    cmor1701d Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sure would be nice if there was a notice sent to our email account or to the app alerting us of the issue. I've followed the standard advice of unlinking and re-connecting several times over the past few days only to learn that this exacerbates the problem!
  • deanna0015
    deanna0015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can sync but it doesn't reflect exercises calories in MFP. It used to and I haven't changed any settings. Is this part of the problem?
  • chrisswitzer14
    chrisswitzer14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too, am having sync issues (2 days) Ionic
  • heybales
    Options
    deanna0015 wrote: »
    I can sync but it doesn't reflect exercises calories in MFP. It used to and I haven't changed any settings. Is this part of the problem?

Exercise calories was never brought over to MFP.

Fitbit sent daily calorie burn. (and steps, and weight)
    MFP compared that to what it estimated you'd burn with no exercise.

Your Fitbit Adjustment that happens to be in the Exercise Diary is only the difference between them - which could be some exercise and increased daily activity, no exercise, or some exercise and decreased daily activity.

It was never just exercise calories.

How do you know you are syncing?
    Food showing up in Fitbit?
    MFP showing steps that is somewhat current?
  • ChinaDoll92
    ChinaDoll92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you know when this issue going to be resolved
  • heybales
    Options
    Do you know when this issue going to be resolved

read the responses in the topic - you'll find a link to keep updated. This isn't an update topic from MFP - no such thing.
  • canda_lpz
    canda_lpz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Still not syncing. How will we know if the problem has been resolved?
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    canda_lpz wrote: »
    Still not syncing. How will we know if the problem has been resolved?

It will start working. :smile:

I am starting to see some activity. My steps finally synched for yesterday and today my food has been recorded by Fitbit. There is some communication going on.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My steps have finally synced also.
  • helenchadwick01
    helenchadwick01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It’s syncing food, but not steps yet
  • Sephaar
    Sephaar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Honestly just glad I'm not the only one. I was getting concerned something was wrong on my end and I wasn't able to troubleshoot it :( Thank you for the links above with the explanation - hopefully this issue will be resolved soon because this is totally throwing off my stats groove ;):D
  • TamaraLoe
    TamaraLoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been having problems for days now. I cannot get my FitBit Charge 2 to sync at all with MFP. :s
  • ElizWill024
    ElizWill024 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    TamaraLoe wrote: »
    I have been having problems for days now. I cannot get my FitBit Charge 2 to sync at all with MFP. :s

When I linked mine it wouldn't. Took me a couple of days to figure out it was linking to my old Fitbit. Had to go find that one and delete that acct.
  • hailli_logan
    hailli_logan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just switched my steps to fitbit (thanks to this thread!) and I'm still not having any exercise or food synced from fitbit to MFP or from MFP to fitbit. I did send an email and have only gotten the advice to disconnect and reconnect so I'm not sure what I can do from here.
  • ElizWill024
    ElizWill024 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just switched my steps to fitbit (thanks to this thread!) and I'm still not having any exercise or food synced from fitbit to MFP or from MFP to fitbit. I did send an email and have only gotten the advice to disconnect and reconnect so I'm not sure what I can do from here.

You still aren't alone with that issue either.