Synching

Options

Replies

• Coach74sb
    Coach74sb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Come on, MFP. How long is this going to take you to fix?? Even with today's app update, MFP data is NOT updating on Fitbit. It's been almost a week now and I am losing patience. I may need to switch completely to Apple Health & Watch in the future.
  • yarnscape
    yarnscape Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No sync since Tuesday. Come on, guys!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I know I am not "supposed to" disconnect my apps but I did.

and I got today's to sync. I haven't had anything come over since Monday....but at least now I have today. Hopefully tomorrow will work properly
  • Jian726
    Jian726 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit Charge2 hasn't synced in over a week now.
  • SezxyStef
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I now have all my data sync'd over. Not sure if it was because of the disconnect/reconnect I did....but whatever the reason it's all good now.

ETA: I have my exercise over here...not my food over there for last week. I have yesterday's food...but not last weeks...only what was logged monday (which for me means most of my weeks breakfast.)
  • cpudish
    cpudish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have not seen any new updates from MFP. MIne still hasn't sync'd and it is very frustrating that we aren't getting any updates. Are they even working on the issue?
  • neptune201219
    neptune201219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine hasn't synced since Tuesday. I too am very frustrated and really losing my patience! :s
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to sync for 6 days ... I am now convinced not to get a premium membership.
  • Jian726
    Options
    The fitbit app records and logs food as well. In about a minute I'm going to just start using it completely and let MFP go.

Oddly they have ZERO problems showing me ads. Those update several times a session. But syncing? They can't seem to do that.
  • anthonyg185
    anthonyg185 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Jian726 wrote: »
    Oddly they have ZERO problems showing me ads. Those update several times a session. But syncing? They can't seem to do that.

Haha, I was thinking that too. No matter how many seemingly "unsolvable" issues that seem to crop up on MFP, displaying ads is never one of them.

Just to be fair though--after over a week I started syncing yesterday. I didn't have to do revoke permission (with Fitbit) disconnect/reconnect; it just started on its own.

Let's hope the developers actually address the root cause, or at LEAST are able to come up with something which allows them to fix the problem in a matter of hours vs weeks "when" the sync problems happen again.

Ummm....IF, everyone attempting to disconnect/reconnect during the outage was a main cause for extending the problem, seems to me a simple sw switch by the MFP developers disallowing any disconnects and/or reconnects to Fitbit by users during an outage, would easily eliminate that.

• tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Still not syncing here
  • anthonyg185
    anthonyg185 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    tess5036 wrote: »
    Still not syncing here

My guess is, unless the whole thing tanks again, you will be shortly. Whether just because of the backlog, or by design, it sounds like users are incrementally starting to sync up again.

Again, it would be nice if MFP was more communicative other than a periodic-- still working on it, do not try and reconnect--type thing.
  • neptune201219
    neptune201219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am still not synching as of this morning. Is anyone else still not synching?
  • naka21
    naka21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm still not synching either. Last time MFP synched with Fitbit was last Monday.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Still not synching at all!! :/
  • yarnscape
    yarnscape Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Haven’t synced for over a week now...
  • eliciab7
    eliciab7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Still not syncing... Also been over a week
  • Jian726
    Options
    Still not syncing here too... Going into week two!
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    to all those still not syncing I suggest doing a reconnect of the app to Fitbit...I have sync'd great since I did mine...
  • naka21
    naka21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did just what the tech support article said NOT to do....namely, re-linked MFP with Fitbit and it seems to be synching okay for now. Please note that it has only synched yesterday (when I re-linked) and today (so far).....nothing between last Monday night (6/3) and Tuesday (6/11).

Also, has anyone noticed that the tech support article explaining what was going on has disappeared? This is ridiculous already. So glad I don't pay for the "premium" service.