bulking

Options
Dalker
Dalker Posts: 44 Member
I've been lifting for a couple of months and I've just started stronglifts 5x5. I've lost a small amount of weight and I've reached the point where I probably don't want to lose any more. Don't know what my body fat is but started at 25% and pretty sure it has decreased. I still feel a bit flabby even though I'm relatively slim and decided it's time to build up some muscle.

I've started adding 100 calories to my count every week until I start gaining. I'm just finding the whole concept a bit scary (deliberately gaining weight! crazy right!)

Can anyone who's done the same give me some advice? I want to know how long I need to bulk for to make it worthwhile. I'd rather bulk/cut in small cycles as the idea of gaining is still scaring me. Will I just look like I'm getting fatter until I cut or will I see some definition despite the added fat gain?

Thanks!

Replies

• dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I've been lifting for a couple of months and I've just started stronglifts 5x5. I've lost a small amount of weight and I've reached the point where I probably don't want to lose any more. Don't know what my body fat is but started at 25% and pretty sure it has decreased. I still feel a bit flabby even though I'm relatively slim and decided it's time to build up some muscle.

I've started adding 100 calories to my count every week until I start gaining. I'm just finding the whole concept a bit scary (deliberately gaining weight! crazy right!)

Can anyone who's done the same give me some advice? I want to know how long I need to bulk for to make it worthwhile. I'd rather bulk/cut in small cycles as the idea of gaining is still scaring me. Will I just look like I'm getting fatter until I cut or will I see some definition despite the added fat gain?

Thanks!
    There is a 5x5 group for women. You would probably get more responses. It's pretty active. Best of luck to you.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Try this group as well. There have been lots of posts about bulking/cutting so you might find some info, or you can post yourself :smile: Sara and Sidesteel are the mods in that group and they have great advice imo.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/10067-eat-train-progress-

Here's one bulking thread I came across browsing quickly just now.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1070179-1st-bulk-cut