hunger sure comes back when you go off low carb

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
I have been doing LC since last July, thought I would try to log my calories and eat carbs, eating about 200 gr of carbs a day rather than under 100 like what I lost 30 lbs on.

I have been so hungry, this week has been wonderful not to hungry, back to eating 100 gr of carbs or less and already down 2 pounds. Hopefully next 2 lbs will come off in another week. yes trying to get a balance. If I eat a few grapes, yes few I said then don't have a piece of bread. Hope I get this figured out but am happy not to be so hungry, forgot how those carbs give you a heck of an appetite! Don't need that.

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    There is a certain amount of trial and error as you figure out what works for you.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    My issue at the moment is just too much high calorie food stuffed in my face (along with meds that promote weight gain.) I stay under my carb limits usually, but eat a truckload of old cheddar and pepperoni, etc. I have to find another way to deal with emotions, all my old tricks aren't helping anymore and I have been edging toward food, because...'IDGAF when I'm in a low mood.' Then I feel worse after because I know better. I'd probably be much bigger except it is easy for me to IF every day for 16 hrs. Between 9 pm and midnight are the crazy hours though.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have some frozen mini cupcakes in freezer and have done well eating only 1, my problem has been believe it or not fruit, grapes, bananas and berries in cool whip, got carried away and I cant sit down with a can of nuts also. Getting back on track and leaving that stuff alone.
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @kpk54: You have described me (and probably many more) exactly!!
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    brenn24179 wrote: »
    I have some frozen mini cupcakes in freezer and have done well eating only 1, my problem has been believe it or not fruit, grapes, bananas and berries in cool whip, got carried away and I cant sit down with a can of nuts also. Getting back on track and leaving that stuff alone.

Nuts are one of those things for me where I have to be totally committed to measured portions and moderation.

• rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can absolutely relate to all of this!