low carb chips

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
have ya found any chips other than pork rhinds with zero or low carbs? Something to buy, not cook preferably.

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    There really isn’t anything. Closest might be cheese crisps.

• Fit2_T
    Fit2_T Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Whisps cheese crisps?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Seaweed Crisps. Kale Chips. Parsnip Chips. I think Trader Joe's has all 3. I've not tried them.

I've made kale chips. They're fun to eat. Sort of melt in your mouth. Not good for dipping but they are crunchy.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,298 Member
    Options
    I like the quest nacho cheese protein chips...not fond of the sour cream and onion ones and haven't tried the ranch ones
  • bombay62
    bombay62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whisps are wonderful ...too wonderful...easy to overeat. Costco sells a large bag.
  • Marlitharn
    Marlitharn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found beet chips at my local Amish store. They’re crunchy and salty and very good.
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love kale 'chips' but haven't found any good ones to buy. We do this recipe often:
    -Thick stalks cut off and leaves roughly chopped
    - put in bag with olive oil and spices and salt and shake up
    - pour onto 2 baking trays and bake 3 mins -at high, 200C or 180C fan,
    - stir and bake 2 more mins to be crispy not burnt
    - eat and enjoy. (Lovely with some red wine.)
    Since they only take a minute to prepare and 5mins in the oven they don't count as cooking. :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Fit2_T wrote: »
    Whisps cheese crisps?

Yes. That’s what I am talking about.
    Those are good. So easy to eat a crap ton of them though :lol:
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Wholey Cheese crackers are nice and crunchy and thick enough to manage with dip.

Though usually for dips I just slice cucumbers or celery or other veggies.
  • GammieLCHF
    GammieLCHF Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I’ve done Whisps but the processed taste and the high cost - crazy high! - gets old fast. I usually just eat a handful of sunflower seeds in the shell. They satisfy the crunch/mouth feel and take a long time to eat. They are messy. But they are salty and cheap.
  • GammieLCHF
    Options
    BTW, flax crackers are super easy to make. Not a chip, but in case you want to try. Just mix 2 c flax meal to 1 c water (it will have play dough consistency). Season it up really highly with whatever flavors you feel like. I like garlic and rosemary. You’ll need more seasoning than you think. Then roll really flat (I press them after I roll them to get them paper thin), cut and bake on parchment paper. After baking (depends on thinness but around 20-30 mins) leave them in the oven with the door open to dry out more. If it’s a humid day you might have to heat the over now and then. When they break like a cracker they are done. They are really good with guacamole.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    https://beautyandthefoodie.com/keto-nacho-cheese-crisps/
    These are really good.

But we do them a little differently.

100g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    25g almond flour
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Heat oven to 400 degrees F Pulse in a food processor until a course meal forms. Use a tablespoon to scoop into 12-14 mini muffin tin cups (metal is better as it fries the cheese). Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely as they are soft when they come out.

We use with sour cream or guacamole.
  • Fat2FitMiMi
    Fat2FitMiMi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the quest nacho cheese protein chips...not fond of the sour cream and onion ones and haven't tried the ranch ones

Where have you found those cause I have looked everywhere!
  • GammieLCHF
    Options

Where have you found those cause I have looked everywhere!

Amazon.
  • GammieLCHF
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    https://beautyandthefoodie.com/keto-nacho-cheese-crisps/
    These are really good.

But we do them a little differently.

100g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    25g almond flour
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

Heat oven to 400 degrees F Pulse in a food processor until a course meal forms. Use a tablespoon to scoop into 12-14 mini muffin tin cups (metal is better as it fries the cheese). Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely as they are soft when they come out.

We use with sour cream or guacamole.

Saving these, I’m game. I bet pepper jack would work better. Hubby likes some heat with his snacks.
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've found the protein chips at The Bulk Barn (maybe this is Canada only?). Whisps were ok, but expensive. My favourite is salami chips nuked for 20 seconds each side. I dip them in spinach dip. yum yum
  • chinaseas5623
    chinaseas5623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have seen recipes using Sargento Ultra Thin cheese slices.
    chicagonow.com/little-merry-sunshine/2015/05/cheez-its/
  • chinaseas5623
    chinaseas5623 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quest chips: I buy them, by the box/case, from GNC.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try the cheese it recipe...I actually bought an extra pack of sliced cheese at lidl so I can try it this week...
  • AbbieOffman
    AbbieOffman Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Quest chips: I buy them, by the box/case, from GNC.

Not GNC in Canada apparently :( So sad.