The Food Is Talking To Me

Options
Everyone has that moment when you are either dieting or just want to eat healthier and then you see that one piece of food that you know will ruin or damage all of your progress you've done, and we all know what they say "go on take a bite, it wont hurt you" what do you do? Do you either eat it or do you say NO.

Last night (8/13/13) I had that moment with this homemade German chocolate cake that was calling me and the smell of the sweet chocolate smelled so delicious and mouth watering I thought whats the harm in one bite... but i'm glad to say I didn't even take one bite of it I said "I think I'm going to have a piece of fruit instead" and man do I feel great the next day knowing that I didn't eat it because like they say "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips"

Replies

• h2owens
    h2owens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's super awesome! Good job. I'll be honest, I was not so successful. I was making Minion Cupcakes for work today and I had a "few" tastes of the batter. I know I shouldn't have but I'm not going to dwell on it. Today is a new day and I plan on staying under my calories for the day and also to get on the stationary bike after work. It's slow, small steps but you have to start somewhere.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day, start of a new week, and the beginning of a new Quarter (at work).

I have turned The Page, and am not looking back at the last 2 weeks (while i was on vacation) ... brought healthy breakfast and lunch with me, and intend to ignore the siren call of 1:00 pm "giant-cookie and coffee special" I just plain won't go downstairs again after the start of lunch .... :laugh: