200 Calories and Under!!

Meems42
Meems42 Posts: 5 Member
Do you have any great recipes for snacks or even lunches or dinners that are 200 calories or under? I'd be happy to hear about them, and I'm sure others would too. Don't be afraid to share.

Replies

• kathywilcox9
    kathywilcox9 Posts: 8 Member
    My go to recipe for lunch is: cut up a zucchini into small pieces, add chopped onion, bell pepper, tomato, and a few frozen vegetables (such as about a half cup mixed vegetables). Sauce with Pam in a skillet. When the vegetables are cooked, add one Johnsonville Turkey Cheddar sausage, sliced. When it is warm (it is fully cooked already), add 1/4 cup salsa (I like pineapple/mango). It makes a big plate of food for under 200 depending on the vegetables you add.
  • andrea76figueroa
    andrea76figueroa Posts: 13 Member
    For snacks I have been trying celery stalks with different kinds of spreadable cheeses. The calories are in the cheese so it is nice and filling. Tastes yummy too.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have a recipe I make up and snack on for a few days. One serving is well under 200 calories.

Puerto Rican chickpea salad:

1 or 2 diced heirloom tomatoes
    1 finely diced small-med onion
    1 diced green bell pepper
    1 chopped head of cilantro
    1 tbsp cumin
    1 drained can of chickpeas
    Sprinkle of garlic powder (or a couple of minced garlic cloves).
    Squeeze of lime and/or lemon juice.
    1 tbsp soy sauce.
    Drizzle of olive oil.
    Mix all together.
    Salt and pepper to taste. Eat a little, then cover and refrigerate the rest.

Entire bowl is several servings. Makes a lot. Very filling. Entire bowl is approximately around 650 calories.

Love this stuff, it's addictive.