Hunger

guillery7390
guillery7390 Posts: 1 Member
I’m having a terrible time with feeling hungry. I’m drinking lots of water and 3 meals a day. Any tips that work for you?

Replies

• AlbertEllenich
    AlbertEllenich Posts: 3 Member
    It's a lot of trial and error to see what works for you, but everything I've read in research says a high protein breakfast can help you manage hunger throughout the day. I've hopped back onto myfitnesspal to start monitoring my macronutrients (carbs, fats, protein) according to my bodytype (definitely an Endomorph). Here's a great article on Runners World that talks about the 3 main body types. https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a20818211/the-3-body-types-explained/ It's important to figure out where you might be because that can help you figure out how much fat, protein and carbs to eat during the day, which will help your body manage hunger.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Try having a snack if you aren't snacking. My favorite snack is a Babybel cheese wheel (those cute little ones). I have almonds and a cup of tea with it. Usually works.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,879 Member
    Are you an emotional eater? My son finds he is hungrier when he is stressed. Rather than taking the hunger as a negative, he uses it as a signal that something is bothering him.