New to This!

Options
alphatraining
alphatraining Posts: 1 Member
Hi All,

I have been vegan for many years but I'm planning to try keto starting in June. I've lost quite a bit of weight by returning to a stricter healthy vegan diet but I have lots more weight to lose and I'm feeling really nervous about adding so much fat without going over my calorie deficit for the weight loss. I've watched some youtube videos and gathered a few recipes that will not be too much of a change from what I'm already doing. I've been trying to add in good fats the last few days and try some new habits but I find I am still way over my numbers in carbs and salt, and way under in protein and fat. Any tips for getting started and hitting closer to my macros?

Jo

Replies

• applenooker
    applenooker Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    look up meatfreeketo.com. she has wonderful info plus a few meal plans to get you started.
  • MusicLoverZae
    MusicLoverZae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello All, New to keto and have struggled with vegan. I also have a hard time wraping my mind around adding fats & have not felt pressured to worry about protein in the past. Trying to get my WHY front and center and empower myself to make some healthy choices! I can do this! I AM doing this!
  • AngelLizbeth
    AngelLizbeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello on Jan 1st 2020, I went 80% vegan and 20% vegetarian (still do cheese, butter & cream but no eggs) and finding difficulties with going zero carb. Am open to ideas for non cauliflower but carb free recipes for weight loss please