How much does your weight fluctuate?

Options
Stokes765
Stokes765 Posts: 2 Member
Please give suggestions on how to lose 10lbs in a month and keep it off!

Replies

• hedgebunny
    hedgebunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely understand your enthusiasm to see results, but there are a few things that you may want to consider when setting an achievable weight loss goal for yourself. It has taken me a while to type this out in a way that I think makes the most sense, so I hope you find it somewhat useful or at the very least don't take any offense to my take on things.
    I believe it's possible to lose 10 pounds in a single month, but to lose that amount of weight in such a short period of time would not be advisable if you were hoping for a long-term solution.
    To drop that amount of weight in such a short period of time, you would probably need to make some sudden, drastic changes to the way you eat - assuming you're currently eating in a way that maintains the weight you're at now. When it comes to making changes or adjusting habits, typically the more you try to do at once the harder it is to stick with. A key to keeping weight off over time is making healthier changes to your everyday eating pattern that you can realistically keep doing for the rest of your life. A restrictive diet may offer quicker results, but are you honestly going to stick to eating that way indefinitely? When you do stop, if you haven't built yourself a foundation of those healthy, sustainable eating habits that take time to set, you'll probably revert to eating the way you've known prior to the diet and regain the weight.
    If it's important to you that the weight loss lasts over time, it might be a better idea to take a slower approach. 0.5 - 2 pounds per week are sort of the guidelines for "healthy" weight loss. Myfitnesspal can help you determine about how many calories you would need to shoot for each day to maintain this steady loss, while you can look at the sort of foods you enjoy and eat on a regular basis and find ways to tweak your meals to make them healthier or reduce empty calories. Make little changes at first, then if that's easy, perhaps make a few more. Adding exercise, even if only a few minutes at a time throughout the day, adds up too! After a while, this improved way of eating or extra activity can begin to feel like second nature to you, and as long as you continue your new version of normal you should have better success at maintaining your weight loss. It may take you longer to get where you want to be, but I think ultimately it's worth it.

Wishing you the best,
    - HB