A success?!

fostersu
fostersu Posts: 327 Member
Yesterday was the baccalaureate mass at the high school I teach at. AND a bbq with my neighbors. I went in assuming I’d be fairly casual about my food choices- I want a lasting change so I know I can’t be strict 100% of the time or I will crash. Hard.
So I had a few cocktails, did stick to meat and cheese hors d’oeuvres, but pointedly chose to eat a bite of oatmeal cookie.
Got home at the end of the night and decided to log everything I could remember just to see the damage and.....I stayed within my calories?!?! I was within a reasonable carb limit ?!?!

Anyway I’m sure the logging was off since I have no idea what wS in the marinade but I’m just so happy that I thought I was indulging (ok kinda was) but am not wildly knocked off track. Maybe I can adapt to this and enjoy it :)

Replies

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Good for you!

Today I went to a baby shower for my niece - she's expecting twins! And even though they know my dietary restrictions the menu was Italian so I allowed myself a cheat day. Yeah, I'll feel rough for a couple days but it's worth it to not appear rude. My joints are already swelling a bit as I type this. :neutral:

I will say, the three cheese zita and lasanga was good but I don't miss eating things like that one bit. And since I have no idea the ingredients and didn't bring a food scale or anything I'm not even gonna log it. To heck with it. I'm down 99 pounds, one day off every so often probably isn't gonna kill me. It's just gonna make me hurt a little worse for a day or two.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member

To heck with it. I'm down 99 pounds, one day off every so often probably isn't gonna kill me. It's just gonna make me hurt a little worse for a day or two.

Wow! Congrats!