Adrenal Fatigue?

Options
bro1622
bro1622 Posts: 4 Member
Hi, I'm new to this group. Within the last three years I have been diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue, Hypo Thyroid and Sjogren's Syndrome. Three years ago I did cardio and/or weights daily weighed 115 with 16% body fat. Today I weigh 128 with 26% body fat. Does anyone out there have any of these conditions and what types of exercises/diet have worked for you? I do not over eat and my diet is basically clean, but, I can not participate in vigorous cardio anymore because it exacerbates the symptoms related to the above conditions. I do take multiple supplements to reign in my symptoms and I really want to lose the fat I've gained over the last five years. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Current 2 Month Plan- no refined sugar, limited/no alcohol, minimize grain intake, 20 minutes HIIT/day, Pilates & Weight training every other day.

Age-56
Height-5'31/2
CW-128
GW-110
June 9-
June 16-
June 23-
June 30-
July 7-
July 14-
July 21-
July 28-
August 4-

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi there, @bro1622. I also have hypothyroid, Celiac disease, and Fibromyalgia. So, yeah, similar exercise prescription for me too, due to all the autoimmune issues. I used to be a Certified Fitness Trainer and Physical Rehab Assistant til I got sick with FM & hypothyroid. I've had to turn down my activity level by quite a bit and change my type of work.

Age-55
    Height-5'8"
    CW-147
    GW-132 (I had been at goal for 4 years up until a workplace PTSD incident and disordered stress-eating over the past 6 months - getting it under control again though, by returning to my Low Carb, Intermittent fasting 16:8 protocol)

You might find this website helpful: https://thyroidrefresh.com/guide-exercising-thyroid-adrenal/
    Katherine Watkins is a Functional Health Consultant from London, UK. She is a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition (FDN) practitioner, a graduate of the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) in New York and a certified personal trainer (specializing in advanced clinical testing, detailed symptom profiling, mindset and emotional work). She is currently completing a life coaching certification from the Martha Beck Institute. When she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Katherine used her extensive knowledge and resources to naturally heal her underlying health imbalances. She now lives symptom-free and is passionate about helping others live similarly healthy, happy lives.
  • bro1622
    bro1622 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello canadjineh, thank you so much for this information. It has taken me a long time to start feeling better and I am prone to push myself too far which does result in pretty major setbacks. I appreciate this simple no nonsense approach and the introduction to Thyroid Refresh. I'm sorry to hear about your setback, but, sounds like you have a plan to get back on track. Good luck to you!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Best wishes on your plan too. Takin' it day by day... the best way forward.