Low sugar milk...

Options
cgcrutch
cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
Why hasn't this been invented yet?? There's so many other ways of processing cow's milk, why hasn't someone figured out how to take the sugar out :/:D

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    They do make lactose free milk...since that is the milk sugar that most people have digestive issues with, but I don't think those are even completely sugar free...completely sugar free milk would probably taste terrible.

Cashew milk (unsweetened) is a good substitute as well.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying this stuff called Ripple. It is pea "milk" I like the unsweetened vanilla and use it in my coffee. It has only 2 carbs per 8 ounce serving and provides 8 grams of protein. And there is only 80 calories per cup which is a good thing because it takes a bit more to lighten my coffee (than half and half).

Some days I might have 2 cups of it if I drink a lot of coffee that day. But 2 cups has a pretty decent nutrient profile with only 160 calories: 9 grams of fat only 1 of which is saturated, almost 1000 mg of potassium, 4 carbs, 16 grams of protein, 60% of Vitamin D RDA.

https://www.ripplefoods.com/vanilla-unsweetened-plant-milk/
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    They do, it's called Heavy Cream LOL

:)
  • itzcath
    itzcath Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Blue diamond sugar free vanilla flavor almond milk is pretty darn close. I actually prefer it to milk.
  • ShayKnicks31
    ShayKnicks31 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ever consider Almond original unsweetened? The sweetened tastes just like 2% and not a huge jump to unsweetened. Haven’t had cows milk in over 2 years
  • ShayKnicks31
    ShayKnicks31 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    itzcath wrote: »
    Blue diamond sugar free vanilla flavor almond milk is pretty darn close. I actually prefer it to milk.

Is that one sugar free too? Def want to check that out for smoothies
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I've been using half and half in place of whole milk.

My daughter is also using half and half, stevia, and unsweetened cocoa powder for her new keto chocolate milk (which is my new coffee creamer). The only hassle is having to heat up her chocolate milk, so the cocoa dissolves, and then refrigerate again.