I've joined the Instant Pot Cult - share your favorite clean recipe with me

Options
HeatherAmps
HeatherAmps Posts: 5 Member
Everyone seems to love the Instant Pot, and a few weeks ago I finally broke down and bought one. So far it does seem to be making preparing my own foods easier, and more affordable. I have home-made eggs sous vide and celery soup, enough for the work week. I also have some bone broth I made and put in ice cube trays so I can have some at will.

I know most folks probably already have one of these (or more). Please share your favorite instant pot recipes with me. Anything I can cook in advance for an entire week (or more) is a bonus!

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,601 Member
    Options
    I love my IP! I'm embarrassed to admit I use it mostly for yogurt, but only milk and yogurt for starter isn't too bad. I bought the egg bite mold but haven't used it yet. I've also made a lot of split pea soup and sweet potato turkey chili in it. I joined some IP Facebook groups but have found a lot of recipes are heavy sauces and creams. I keep things a lot more basic to that, like veggies and a protein or fruit with yogurt. I was gifted a couple cookbooks for it that I still need to check out, otherwise I've just been looking up cooking times (like for poatoes) and going from there.
  • HeatherAmps
    HeatherAmps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My plan is to try and make almond yogurt for myself and a coworker! She has 2 IPs and hasn't tried it yet. Power is out here, and both my grocery stores in town are shut down, so that experiment will have to wait a few days.