Rebel Ice cream ?

Options
NeuroticVirgo
NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
Has anyone tried it?

Also, am I missing something in how they are getting to the net carbs advertised? It doesnt seem to add up via the nutrition label.

2tal9zjkht8i.jpg

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I dunno, looks like somebody at corporate can't count, :o
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    12 carbs - 3 fiber - 7 sugar alcohols = 2 net. I'll guess some rounding occurred to result 2 from 1.9. A serving is 1/2 cup and there are 4 half cups in a pint. 1.9 x 4 = 7.6 which rounded up = 8.

It's late. Maybe I'm not thinking straight. :) ?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, 8 g/pint (whatever that is - I'm metric)
    I take it a pint isn't a serving? :p
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Ohhh you subtract the sugar alcohols. I didnt know that. It makes more sense now thank you. @canadjineh no a pint is 4 servings usually lol but people like to eat the whole thing like its 1 serving so that's why they advertise it like that.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    They subtract the sugar alcohols which is not completely valid depending on the person and the sugar alcohols involved. Some people can process the alcohols which means that the net carbs are actually higher.
  • oilboy2
    oilboy2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bought an ice cream maker and make my own with Xylitol and cream
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    I checked the ingred list. They use erythritol which can be subtracted. Erythritol, xylitol, and sucralose (liquid or pure powder only-not Splenda as it has bulk fillers that do have carbs) can be subtracted. All others you should count half of the carbs as they are partially digested.