What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
his is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    A few things on my mind:

1. I've been very good about logging my food for a week now and I've also been exercising (most days). I'm ready for this challenge to start.
    2. I've been eating a little bit under my calories the last few days; "banking" a few calories for 4th of July. It won't necessarily "even out," but it makes me feel a little bit more in control of situation.
    3. I need to get back to the gym. Mostly to get some intense exercise, but also to get a new profile photo. :)

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL thanks so much for the challenge!

@MadDuck62 , I'm also so ready to be held accountable this month and be on it every day with the logging and exercise..... two weeks ago I logged it all but last week got lazy/stressed/tired and stopped again. From today I'm going to try!
    What have you planned for 4th July?

As a brit living in Portugal I now too celebrate the day as in my city we get a public holiday on 4th July for our saint's day! Luckily though that doesn't mean an obligation to go mad with the food, just a nice mid week day off work!

I'm already a bit nervous about the weekends in this challenge as I normally have a higher cal day and allow myself choccie, crisps, alcohol and a high cal meal... going to see if I manage to curb that this weekend, let's see!

Have a great week everyone!
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    kilobykilo wrote: »
    @RangerRickL thanks so much for the challenge!

@MadDuck62 , I'm also so ready to be held accountable this month and be on it every day with the logging and exercise..... two weeks ago I logged it all but last week got lazy/stressed/tired and stopped again. From today I'm going to try!
    What have you planned for 4th July?

As a brit living in Portugal I now too celebrate the day as in my city we get a public holiday on 4th July for our saint's day! Luckily though that doesn't mean an obligation to go mad with the food, just a nice mid week day off work!

I'm already a bit nervous about the weekends in this challenge as I normally have a higher cal day and allow myself choccie, crisps, alcohol and a high cal meal... going to see if I manage to curb that this weekend, let's see!

Have a great week everyone!

This challenge is a great chance for us all to get a fresh start on our goals. I'm spending the 4th with some friends at a BBQ. Best of luck on your weekends!
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,721 Member
    Options
    Just wish I had made better choices especially carbs what do others eat for lunch at work I am a case manager on the go most days something nutritious but easy to pack on a Rykar!
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @snowshoe13tx I typically have greek yogurt with berries, a banana, chopped walnuts and a TBS of whey protein powder. You can very calories by adjusting the amount of the ingredients you add to the yogurt. Good protein and fat ... keeps me going till dinner. Quick and easy to fix, but you do need to keep it refrigerated.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @snowshoe13tx yesterday lunch was left over pasta, today it is cous cous salad with feta and veggie soup, tomorrow it is veggie chilli that I batch cooked on Sunday.

I also usually have berries / veggie sticks for snacks.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,373 Member
    Options
    When I worked I had yoghurt and fruit for lunch. Anything else made me lethargic.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    28w7agovs6ni.jpg

So important. Nearly every time I have struggled with binging behavior it has been after undereating for a day or two.
  • kilobykilo
    Options
    @w8goal4life lovely! Thanks for that!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Happy 4th Everyone! America the Beautiful by Ray Charles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TRUjr8EVgBg
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Think I might try this recipe. I've tried other recipes from this site which I've liked quite well. I'm not gluten intolerant...but others might appreciate this gluten free recipe.
    https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/04/04/flourless-blender-muffins-banana-vegan/
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Think I might try this recipe. I've tried other recipes from this site which I've liked quite well. I'm not gluten intolerant...but others might appreciate this gluten free recipe.
    https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/04/04/flourless-blender-muffins-banana-vegan/

Since I can't delete this post, thought I would follow up. Tried this recipe today and I wasn't overly thrilled. Probably won't make them, again...I would most likely give this recipe a 👎🏼.