Wanting to lose a little faster

Options
HoneyBadger302
HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
Just feeling the need to share my feelings somewhere - I really am wanting to lose faster than I have been. I discovered over a year ago that a slow loss was far more sustainable (with fewer/smaller rebounds), but I'm really tired of still working on that last 20 pounds.

I know what I need to do - eat less, move more - just hoping to find some others who are perhaps in a similar place! Ideally I'd like to be losing more like an average of about .75 lb/week, rather than my ~.5 lb/month I've been successful with.

I've made some lifestyle changes along with a move to new digs that will make this a lot easier (aka, I can do my own cooking now and have access to fitness centers), so it's really just a matter of making it a priority and kicking the excuses to the curb.

Replies

• rebeccalcollins
    rebeccalcollins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am feeling that frustration, too. I feel like no matter what I do, progressing at a faster rate is just not happening. In fact, progressing at all seems to be an issue. It is possible that your body simply won't cooperate. I don't have any great suggestions, but I'm following in case someone else does!! I feel your pain...hang in there.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing, because I seem to be in the same boat. I am trying to add more activity. My goal for next week is to stay at 1500 cal days, walk 4x a week on my lunch break, and 5x short sessions of Pilates (I really need to build my upper body strength and don't have access to weights or a gym).
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I noticed I lose more easier right after my cycle. That's when I really watch what I eat and do. Also going super light on dinner helps. I was always active but wasn't tracking macros. When I started Keto and watch the macros, I started to see changes. I get to eat pretty decent meals, not hungry and full of energy to burn. I'm 46, going on 47🙏👍
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    Yes, tracking is going to be important, otherwise I tend to eat more than I should. I tend to track sporadically just to keep my awareness of portions in line, but tracking it all is pretty essential for me to lose a bit faster.

I've lost faster in the past when I was way more consistent about tracking and doing my own cooking, so getting back into that routine now that I can (where I was living the past 2 years made cooking really complicated).

There's a balance between cutting back enough to noticeably lose and not killing my energy levels - I really have NO excuse now for not working out (there is a fitness center at work, and one at my complex, plus a pool, and my neighborhood is safe enough to go on walks or head to a local park for a bicycle ride - really no excuses anymore!).

I think my stress levels here will drop quite a lot, so that should help open up some mental capacity to do what I know I need to do....