Plan It . . . Do It!

CoachChrisD
CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
1.Use a calendar. Map out your weeks one by one, day by day. Be realistic, clear, and fair to yourself. Don't be too restrictive; it's okay to eat out or take it easy workout-wise on some days.

2.Plan and schedule as much as you can. Don't just schedule work-related appointments. Schedule as much as possible, such as time with your family, meals and eating, exercise, reading, TV time, and answering emails and phone calls.

3.Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals. Don't limit yourself to long-term goals. Write down and make room for the little ones, too.

4.Get creative! Mix up your schedule so you don't repeat the same To Do list two days in a row. Mix up your meals, your workouts, and your other daily activities—which will keep you motivated.

It's not about time management, but self-management. And you'll welcome the reward of a great many accomplishments—personal, professional, and physical.

Replies

• I really like the advice posted above and I have been thinking on it. Some of the suggestions have me stumped, I'll admit. But so far...

1. I pulled out my calendar and for the rest of the week, I scheduled physical exercise. On Sunday, (I made an appointment on my computer to remind me), I will schedule my exercise for the following week.

2. I still need to work on scheduling non-work, non-exercise appointments.

3. I set daily and weekly goals, but I am stumped on the monthly goal - nothing comes to mind!

Daily: Reduce the amount of Diet Dr. Peppers a day I drink each day from 4 to 2
    Weekly: To incorporate physical exercise into my schedule 5 days / week (I'm basically in couch potato mode)
    Monthly: ?

Anyway, thank you for the sound suggestions!
  • CoachChrisD
    CoachChrisD Posts: 207 Member
    Monthly goal could be amount of weight loss or spending more time with family ect..... it could be little things as well...
    i do love the daily goal, so next week it will be from 2 dr peppers to none right?