I need to vent.

Options
ClockWorKitten
ClockWorKitten Posts: 55 Member
So for a while myself and my sister are doing really well losing weight I have two stone left and my sis has only one stone to lose, well when my father called (more than one occasion) he made a remake about my sister should start eating. Another remake he made was 9 stone is too light for us as we are big built (crap look at my other relatives and that is bs). He hasn't seen us thin and that's what is worrying him. Has anyone have a similar issue? People doubting you by the more weight you lose?

Replies

• zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    @ClockWorKitten Interesting!! I haven't had that problem in a long time, like 16 years ago. I got a bit two thin and people started questioning me about drug use / or illness. It was kind of weird. I guess most people rather see us fat, aka, the norm. Don't let this bother you! It seems like you are doing a great job. You "be You" and you stop when you are comfortable in your skin. People and Family will talk all the time, either you are fat or too skinny. I come from a very critical family and I have NEVER been told a single compliment like you are doing good. It's either too much or too little and I need more work. Best of luck in your journey!!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I am a healthy weight, but most of my family is overweight or obese...so I hear that all the time from them "you don't need to be watching what you eat"..."you don't need to lose weight"..."you are wasting away already"...really, I'm not, at 5'9" and 155-160lbs, I'm a healthy weight, but I'm at the top of the range for my height...not small, but small in comparison to an unhealthy weight.

It's your body, you are the only person living in it, you are the only person who has an opinion that matters.

I usually just laugh, and jiggle my belly, and tell them I'm not going to starve to death any time soon. I don't want to fight with family, but they really don't get a vote about my body, humor is a nice deflection.
  • Jessimom2
    Jessimom2 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry you’ve had that happen. I have PCOS so have gained and lost weight on and off since I was a child. Every time someone (family or friend) makes a comment like that when you get smaller. Even when you are well within a normal BMI and BMI/weight range goal. Like @tcunbeliever said, they aren’t used to seeing you that way. Hopefully in time the comments will go away as you bounce around with plenty of keto energy :)