Food ideas

Options
malou1985
malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
I'm so bored with my food. What's your favorite meal? Im looking for some inspiration. Thanks in advance

Replies

• malou1985
    Options
    Pizza sounds bomb right now
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Real Good Pizza Co has a few different cauliflower crust pizzas that are awesome. Total pie isn't overly large, like medium Pizza Hut sized, but the entire thing is 30 something carbs. Toss on some extra meats, a swirl of ranch and sriracha, and it makes keto doable long term.

https://www.realgoodfoods.com/

They also do other things, as well as a chicken crust pizza. I've not tried that though. The Pepperoni Cauliflower crust is great. Tastes like a cheap grocery store pizza. I'm a fan of that.

I didn't really enjoy the small size single portion pizzas. They didn't cook very well for me. Could be fixed with repetition and adjusting the recipe. The party poppers were.. eh. Those I'd give a pass to. Enchiladas were okay, but really the cauliflower crust pizza is where it's at.
  • Kokodaready2020
    Kokodaready2020 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check out this web site i have found many different ideas here.. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Also, I Breath I'm Hungry is a fantastic blog with keto recipes. I've never been disappointed with any recipe I've tried from her.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    What have you been eating? How long have you been following a Keto Diet? What is your carb goal? Any foods that you dislike and/or avoid?

Check out Leanne Vogel and Diane Sanfilippo's books, both have lots of great, tasty recipes. A lot of Nom Nom Paleo's stuff is Keto friendly as well.

It's hot here, so I've been cooking as many meals as possible on the grill or sticking with cold salads.

-Dill Pickle wings: soak wings in leftover pickle juice over night. Rinse and pat dry. Mix some evoo with granulated garlic, onion, black pepper, and chopped fresh dill and coat wings. Bake in 450 degree oven on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for 15 minutes more or until crispy. For the dip mix 1/2c sour cream, 2T reserved pickle juice, 1T lemon juice, and copious amounts of chopped fresh dill, mix and refrigerate until ready to eat.

-Salmon: screaming hot cast iron pan. Place salmon skin side down and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes. Depending on the thickness of your salmon, this cooks to a perfect medium rare. I just season with some sea salt and cracked black pepper

-Steak: I prefer Ribeye or NY Strip. Season well with salt and let come to room temperature for at least 1 hour. Screaming hot cast iron pan, butter, sear both sides of steak for rare to medium-rare. If you prefer your steak more well done, you can do the reverse sear method where you roast on super low heat (like 250) to just below desired doneness and then finish in the cast iron pan.

I'm practicing modified carnivore right now so I eat a lot of meat LOL

Oh, also, check out Two Sleevers. Her Keto Butter Chicken Recipe is like a gateway drug to Indian Food :)

• ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cloud bread, I love it.
    I made Almond cream cheese pancakes.
    I know these won't be new to people who's been doing this for a while but I enjoy them.
    I've made courgette stuffed with fish,olive oil fried mushrooms and cheese.
    Pesto chicken.
    I've found endless recipes on Pinterest and some sites with downloadable free recipe books.
    The one thing I don't want is to be bored or stuck with the same meals.
  • zamirasoni
    zamirasoni Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is my four week in Keto!! Yeah, almost a month. I gotten a few recipes from Diet Dr: Chicken Alfredo, Chipotle meatballs. From I breath..I'm hungry, we did keto ropa vieja, the stew was so amazing that a friend's mom ask me for the recipe. We have done keto pancakes, hot wings, devil eggs, jalapeno poppers and lots of salmon. So far, so good. Check out pinterest, "I breath... I'm hungry " and diet dr. Good luck with the food, as it was mentioned before, it's very important to not get bored.
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Check out this web site i have found many different ideas here.. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/recipes

That's my go-to web site I use almost on a daily basis. Love that site!
  • prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Cloud bread, I love it.
    I made Almond cream cheese pancakes.
    I know these won't be new to people who's been doing this for a while but I enjoy them.
    I've made courgette stuffed with fish,olive oil fried mushrooms and cheese.
    Pesto chicken.
    I've found endless recipes on Pinterest and some sites with downloadable free recipe books.
    The one thing I don't want is to be bored or stuck with the same meals.

I haven't made the cloud bread yet, as matter of fact I haven't made any keto bread yet. I'm just starting my 2nd week on keto and learning what to eat and not eat. Wow those almond cream cheese pancakes sound wonderful. I will definitely be making those! I started a board on my Penterest page that I call Keto Recipes. I'm saving all the keto recipes I find that I know I will like to that board, going to have to add almond cream cheese pancakes most definitely 😁

• malou1985
    Options
    I tried cauliflower pizza this weekend.... so Amazing
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    What have you been eating? How long have you been following a Keto Diet? What is your carb goal? Any foods that you dislike and/or avoid?

Check out Leanne Vogel and Diane Sanfilippo's books, both have lots of great, tasty recipes. A lot of Nom Nom Paleo's stuff is Keto friendly as well.

It's hot here, so I've been cooking as many meals as possible on the grill or sticking with cold salads.

-Dill Pickle wings: soak wings in leftover pickle juice over night. Rinse and pat dry. Mix some evoo with granulated garlic, onion, black pepper, and chopped fresh dill and coat wings. Bake in 450 degree oven on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet for 20 minutes. Flip and cook for 15 minutes more or until crispy. For the dip mix 1/2c sour cream, 2T reserved pickle juice, 1T lemon juice, and copious amounts of chopped fresh dill, mix and refrigerate until ready to eat.

-Salmon: screaming hot cast iron pan. Place salmon skin side down and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 5 more minutes. Depending on the thickness of your salmon, this cooks to a perfect medium rare. I just season with some sea salt and cracked black pepper

-Steak: I prefer Ribeye or NY Strip. Season well with salt and let come to room temperature for at least 1 hour. Screaming hot cast iron pan, butter, sear both sides of steak for rare to medium-rare. If you prefer your steak more well done, you can do the reverse sear method where you roast on super low heat (like 250) to just below desired doneness and then finish in the cast iron pan.

I'm practicing modified carnivore right now so I eat a lot of meat LOL

Oh, also, check out Two Sleevers. Her Keto Butter Chicken Recipe is like a gateway drug to Indian Food :)

Thanks for the recommendation! I'm obsessed with butter chicken and have been on the lookout for an easy keto version.
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Options
    Keto Fathead Pizza. It was insanely delicious.
    7wcytqdgu5kw.jpg
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I love that little face!!!
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Options
    I love that little face!!!

She was really expecting to be the taste tester 😂
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/

That's what I do when I want pizza...super easy to make.

I happen to omit the heavy cream and lower my Parmesan that I sprinkle in the pan to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup, I also lower the mozzarella usually to 3/4 cup in the crust (since I like a thinner crust)...also lightens up the calories a bit...a little more than 200 per slice (8 servings) and about 5 carbs per slice...I can make and eat the entire thing and still be right at/within daily calories/carbs...
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Options
    craigmandu wrote: »
    https://lowcarbyum.com/pizza-casserole-gluten-free/

That's what I do when I want pizza...super easy to make.

I happen to omit the heavy cream and lower my Parmesan that I sprinkle in the pan to 3/4 cup instead of 1 cup, I also lower the mozzarella usually to 3/4 cup in the crust (since I like a thinner crust)...also lightens up the calories a bit...a little more than 200 per slice (8 servings) and about 5 carbs per slice...I can make and eat the entire thing and still be right at/within daily calories/carbs...

Wow! That looks super tasty!! Thanks for sharing 🤤
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I prefer sausage crust pizza myself.
    xoraegxpmbpa.jpeg

Smush breakfast sausage into a cast iron pan like so and bake til cooked. Then top and bake again til done.
    vq2szh8s328t.jpeg

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Fairly new to keto, very new to group. So far, so good eating keto. I love a lot of different food flavor profiles and have been playing with making my favorite foods keto-friendly.

Greek food: tiropita (minus the filo dough) 1 egg beaten, 1 crumbled block of feta, 1/2 a stick of melted butter, seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder). All mixed well together, placed in a small greased glass baking dish. 350 for 20-25 minutes. Let cool, cut into squares, refrigerate leftovers and eat cold or reheated for snacks. Can add spinach for more of a spanakopita taste.

I love playing with Tex-Mex foods. Taco salad: ground beef, cumin, salt and pepper, sprinkle of cayenne (optional). Bowl of spring mix greens, sprinkled with diced onions, sliced avocado, a few heirloom cherry tomatoes, black olives, a head of chopped cilantro, sour cream, and shredded cheese, top with a serving of the beef!

Been playing a lot with eggs: like beating one egg, with a tbsp of half and half or heavy whipping cream. Season egg with whatever flavor profile. Butter or olive oil in skillet heated, put egg in, sprinkle on cheese, let cook all the way through, then top with whatever. Been doing this and using it for a "like" flat bread feel. Made pizza style, Philly cheesesteak style, Tex-Mex style, Mid East style, etc.

Love eating keto so far.