Donnie's OMAD Weight Loss Journey Thread

Options
donaldstokley
donaldstokley Posts: 18 Member
So I actually started OMAD Monday and hoping to drop some major weight. I have never posted my weight before so everyone can see but I am hoping by doing so it will help me stick with it this time and stay accountable. I really am looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Height: 6'2
Starting: 533 pounds

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey and your thread. This group is full of amazing, encouraging people! Wishing you a lot of success!

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Welcome Donnie! You are in the right place, plenty of support and a great plan to get you where you want to be.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    WELCOMEEEEEEEEEE - we're a SUPER supportive bunch and are happy to bring in Newbies :)

Ask any questions you have, we're not shy, and USE US to keep you accountable should you wish :)
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    Hi there and a warm welcome😊 Good luck with your OMAD journey🍀👍
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Donnie! Congrats on starting your journey, I have just started recently as well. Best of luck :)
  • donaldstokley
    Options
    First week down. Through the week was easy now the weekend was another story. I know I am allowed a cheat day but Saturday and Sunday were both cheat days. Gotta work on my weekends those are going to be my weakness.

Current Weight: 525.2
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    STILL!!! Great results! Nice big motivating numbers to give you some motivation!!! Weekends ARE tough, but you get used to it in time...I don't even get hungry before like 4-5 on the weekends now :) You'll tweak it and figure out what works for ya! Great job, and keep it up!
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Great results!!!! That is awesome.......

Weekends are super hard ---at least at first! Way to go!
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Awesome results👍 I tend to fail during weekends as I am at home with DH and our kids 🏡👪
  • donaldstokley
    Options
    No loss this week. I am upset but not going to let it get me down I'm just gonna learn from this week and hope for a good loss next week.

Current Weight: 525.2
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    Don't get discouraged we all have, and will have, weeks that don't work out or go as planned. The best thing to do is put it in the rear view and move forward!!!!
  • donaldstokley
    Options
    Definitely not going to let it get me down. I was definitely disheartened but not going to let it get me down like it has in the past.
  • volgirl1322
    Options
    That is awesome! That has been the key for me, I have tried and failed more times than I care to count ---with this plan it is so easy to get back to it.......

*cheering you on * :)
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Woot! Welcome and keep it up!! Dieting in general is a lot of trial and error. It sucks bc we just want something to work right off the bat but sometimes you need to figure out what is going to work best for you.
    You got this though. Keep going and don't give up!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Options
    Agreed - you had a big drop up front and sometimes your body goes "WHOA WHOA WHOA what's up dude" the next week - stay the course, trust the process, run the play...you'll be good to go :)
  • jadepearl
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself as we have been through stages where our body just doesn't want to drop any lbs this week. Just hang in there and keep doing what you are doing and may be by next week, you will see a whoosh! Keep up the good work!
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The weight WILL come off although sometimes it feels it wont. Just keep doing the plan it WILL work.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Definitely not going to let it get me down. I was definitely disheartened but not going to let it get me down like it has in the past.

My friend, a plateau can last 3 1/2 weeks, so be ready for those. Once you are past them, things will be smoother sailing. No more than one splurge every two weeks, period. You got this!!!!
  • donaldstokley
    Options
    3rd week down I lost 6.4 lbs since last week. Going to try and incorporate healthier options this week which I have been holding off on because I have been taking baby steps trying to conquer one step at a time instead of throwing everything in at once because usually when I do that I tend to fall off the wagon.

Starting Weight: 533 pounds
    Current Weight: 518.8

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    3rd week down I lost 6.4 lbs since last week. Going to try and incorporate healthier options this week which I have been holding off on because I have been taking baby steps trying to conquer one step at a time instead of throwing everything in at once because usually when I do that I tend to fall off the wagon.

Starting Weight: 533 pounds
    Current Weight: 518.8

Do what will keep you stable. Eating "healthy" is great, if it agrees with your natural lifestyle and whatnot. Just stay in control. It is going to get easier. Keep your calorie-free beverages at hand at all times.