This July I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    July 14 Palette painting! Love it!
    July 15 color swatching turned into two “intuitive” paintings! Love it!
    July 16 playing with my 7/15 paintings in digital editors
    July 17 looking over my paints & palettes. Time to update them. So many options!!!
    July 18 printed my favorites from 7/16 sized some to some 3x5 small canvasses I have had a long time. Added white & black ink lines & shadows/highlights to one.
    Straightened/re-org’d Art Studio. Pulled out old printing drawer & arranges my washi tape in one side. Looks adorable. Likely will put thread, ribbon, watercolor tubes in the others. Fun project.

I may need to shift my art a bit as I’m really concentrating now on cooking meals at home. @77tes You inspired me!

I made a plan. Went to grocery store. I’m concentrating on cooking & freezing portions of fish, poultry, lean meat. Then we can always make a healthy, quick dinner/lunch.

If anyone has a weekly schedule for how you organize your planning, shopping, prep, I’d LOVE to see it!

All my best,
    Maddie🦋
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @nebslp, I was not in the least offended! I chuckled and figured that you sympathized with what can be frustrating. 🤗

^^^ I agree! I chuckled too, because I know how irritated I get when I have to rip out a seam! haha! ^^^
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @77tes I love those paintings...all my favorite colors in one place! You did a great job! I'd like to try going to one of those places sometime. I've not done it, but my daughter and colleagues have and they always have a good time.

@nebslp Your trip sounds amazing! Good for you that you got to see such wonderful places in this great big world. I've always wanted to travel, but it's unfortunately not in the cards for me so far. But never say never, right?

@themedalist Have a nice visit! I love that you sent a guitar ahead of you. You go, girl!

@MadisonMolly2017 I love watching/reading about your progress. You have such dedication and it shows!

I'll try to hop on this weekend and update. Just couldn't stay away another minute!

xoxoxo
    Tracie
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    @themedalist I hope your Dad is making great progress.

Alas, I am struggling with meditation. I do great for a couple of days and then life gets in the way. Still trying to find a time of day when I can make it more consistent.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,772 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , I think your plan for food prepping sounds great. I make big casseroles because I have four adults who like leftovers, but my sister prepares portions of chicken, meat, and fish and freezes them. She will make a double or triple portion for herself and her husband , eat one and freeze the rest. This is pretty easy for her because she used to have 2 boys at home to feed, but now they are empty nesters.

Here is how I set up for cooking:

First I have a grocery list and whenever I’m out of something it goes on the list. If I’m planning a big batch, I check my recipe and add ingredients to the list.
    I also have a master list where I track what I’ve made for dinner (so I don’t repeat too often).
    I shop on Thursday at the grocery store, list in hand.
    On Friday I cook like a ninja.
    I go to the farmers market on Saturday morning for produce and other goodies.

No prepping food for me this week. I’ve been sewing because I’ll have no time next week and I want to get my Regency Spencer done in time for Costume College starting next Friday.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 , I think your plan for food prepping sounds great. I make big casseroles because I have four adults who like leftovers, but my sister prepares portions of chicken, meat, and fish and freezes them. She will make a double or triple portion for herself and her husband , eat one and freeze the rest. This is pretty easy for her because she used to have 2 boys at home to feed, but now they are empty nesters.

Here is how I set up for cooking:

First I have a grocery list and whenever I’m out of something it goes on the list. If I’m planning a big batch, I check my recipe and add ingredients to the list.
    I also have a master list where I track what I’ve made for dinner (so I don’t repeat too often).
    I shop on Thursday at the grocery store, list in hand.
    On Friday I cook like a ninja.
    I go to the farmers market on Saturday morning for produce and other goodies.

No prepping food for me this week. I’ve been sewing because I’ll have no time next week and I want to get my Regency Spencer done in time for Costume College starting next Friday.

@77tes
    I will never forgot how you inspired me to make these changes!

So far, everything’s going great.

Since it’s hot, I am setting up a habit of entering kitchen at 6pm. Cook dinner, update shopping list, prep veggies, freeze extra cooked meat, dishwasher, and look for recipes, etc.

including eating & clean-up, I’m out in 60-90 minutes, and I am getting more efficient!

I’m thinking groceries once per week.
    Veggies/fruit - 2X per week.

My next step will be writing out a written plan for dinners. I’ve wanted to be more spontaneous, but I think this might be better.

Leftovers are making nice lunches!.

I’m also doing all cleaning etc in kitchen at 6pm, so it feels concentrated not never-ending.

Thanks again!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 , you plan sounds fabulous! I do wash my veggies after I get home from the farmers market. It’s kind of a bear on the day, but I love having clean veggies all week.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    I like the idea of prepping actual meals ahead of time and freezing. I can't get myself to spend a day in the kitchen on the weekend though. I just want to "play" or rest on weekends. I really need to sit down and think about what my priorities are and just doing them!

Have a great Monday!
  • 77tes
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB , to be fair, I don’t prep on a full workweek. That is what the freezer meals are for. Since I don’t work much during the summer, I can give a day to doing big batch cooking in a week when I’m only working one day.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Things are going very well.
    Cooking & eating at home 8/8 days!!!! So far!
    I’m getting more efficient!
    Planning, shopping, prepping, cooking, cleaning are all going well!

I knew this would be the hardest of my habits to master, but it’s really going well.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    I will use the following symbols to indictate bedtime before 11 : 😴, up with my alarm or before 7 : 🤩😍

July 13/14 😴. Set alarm for 7 but needed one more hour of recovery time. Slept almost 9 hours, in bed for 10! 😴
    July 14/15 🤩 😴 😍
    July 15/16 😴 😍
    July 16/17 😴 😍
    July 17/18 😴 😍
    July 18/19 😴 😍
    July 19/20 🙁 😕 (returned grandson to his home, visited daughter and fam this weekend, and helped with Girl Scout meeting)
    July 20/21 😴 😕
    July 21/22 😕 😕
    July 23/24
    I can’t believe how exhausted I still feel. I keep going back to sleep when my alarm goes off at 7 and collapse in bed early except for a couple nights when I was with my daughter and family. Yesterday was only the 3rd day in over a month that I’ve been home all day without children or traveling and I had run out of coffee so it was a tough day! I had hoped to have coffee at book club but there wasn’t any. In our small town I went to the grocery store and Dollar General in hopes of buying my French vanilla or other flavored coffee grounds but with no luck. I even went to the ice cream parlor and asked for a frappe or iced coffee with no luck there. I finally made the 40 mile round trip to our nearest “big” town and bought some there. By that time it was late in the afternoon so I didn’t make it. Finally had some coffee this morning and I’m feeling pretty great! I’ve had good intentions of working out today and I will not go to bed tonight until that’s completed!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @themedalist I hope your trip to see your dad was good and that he continues to make progress. I think it’s wonderful that you had a guitar delivered and maybe you even got to play a song for your dad(?). Your decision to continue your habits in spite of the turmoil is a testament to your strength and dedication to living healthfully. I need to take a page out of your playbook.
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Good to see everyone making such nice progress on their goals. July has turned out to be a challenging month on all fronts. I'm off to Alaska on Fri. Hopefully, will come back with a renewed commitment.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @jan110144 A trip to Alaska sounds awesome❣ You'll be busy this week getting ready. Have a wonderful time!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp I am finding the heat is making it necessary to sleep more. Looking forward to Fall!

@jan110144 I’m sorry to hear you are facing challenges. I do hope you are able to enjoy your trip.
  • nebslp
    Options
    I will use the following symbols to indictate bedtime before 11 : 😴, up with my alarm or before 7 : 😍

July 13/14 😴. Set alarm for 7 but needed one more hour of recovery time. Slept almost 9 hours, in bed for 10! 😴
    July 14/15 😴 😍
    July 15/16 😴 😍
    July 16/17 😴 😍
    July 17/18 😴 😍
    July 18/19 😴 😍
    July 19/20 🙁 😕 (returned grandson to his home, visited daughter and fam this weekend, and helped with Girl Scout meeting)
    July 20/21 😴 😕
    July 21/22 😕 😕
    July 23/24 😕 😍

I like getting up early but I’m so tired by the afternoon that the past two days a “1/2 hour” nap ended up being 2 hours or more🙄. Then I’m not ready for bed by 11. Having granddaughter here this weekend and all of next week should cure me of that!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: »
    I will use the following symbols to indictate bedtime before 11 : 😴, up with my alarm or before 7 : 😍

July 14/15 😴 😍
    July 15/16 😴 😍
    July 16/17 😴 😍
    July 17/18 😴 😍
    July 18/19 😴 😍
    July 20/21 😴 😕
    July 21/22 😕 😕
    July 23/24 😕 😍

I like getting up early but I’m so tired by the afternoon that the past two days a “1/2 hour” nap ended up being 2 hours or more🙄. Then I’m not ready for bed by 11. Having granddaughter here this weekend and all of next week should cure me of that!

@nebslp
    Are you more fatigued than you normally are and/or than you think you should be?
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Plan/Shop/Prep/Eat/Clean/Repeat!

It’s going well & the scale is coming down!

Cooking batches & low sodium is working really well for me. Appetite is back to “reasonable.” I was worried.

Turns out height salt makes folks eat more.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @nebslp
    Are you more fatigued than you normally are and/or than you think you should be?

@MadisonMolly2017 Its been non stop going for me for 6 weeks with only a couple of free days in between and it just caught up with me. I checked my Fitbit just now and with last night and today's nap combined I had only 7 hours, 9 minutes of sleep because I went go bed after midnight last night and got up around 6 this morning so I guess I needed that nap! I will be fine once my granddaughter is here and I have to go to bed early because I won't have time for a nap anymore. Thanks for asking.

• nebslp
    Options

July 13/14 😴 😕. Set alarm for 7 but needed one more hour of recovery time. Slept almost 9 hours, in bed for 10!
    July 14/15 😴 😍
    July 15/16 😴 😍
    July 16/17 😴 😍
    July 17/18 😴 😍
    July 18/19 😴 😍
    July 20/21 😴 😕
    July 21/22 😕 😕
    July 22/23 😕 😍
    July 23/24 😕 😍
    July 24/25 😕 😍
    July 25/26 😴 😍

I'm back on schedule again. I can finish out the month strong if I choose to go to bed instead of watching Netflix!