Juggling Life in July

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
busy month with one big race out of state and trip to see brother in Ohio. so thinking about eating out better choices and juggling family needs and work extra meetings. so
Juggling Life Goals
1. lose 5lbs total
2. lose 2 lbs by race
3. lose 3 by ohio trip
4. 2 green veggies a day

Replies

• tress29
    tress29 Posts: 614 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I'm working on my step goal, as a way of increasing my daily activity. Making a bigger effort to eat at home.

I'm attending Vegetarian SummerFest with my step mom this weekend. She and my dad were vegan for many years. Now that he's passed, I think she's not as strict, but still no meat of course. I'm the only one of my siblings who's interested or willing to go with her. I'm re-reading The End of Diabetes by Dr Joel Fuhrman and need to dig out my Eat To Live cookbook...
  • barbhat13
    Options
    cool! i am trying to slowly eat more plant protein.
    reading Mindful eating
    trialed new weight loss app called Noom. not useful for diabetes but strong on pysch. cute app and strangely re- affirming. ( one of the main diabetes educators and I trialed it)
  • barbhat13
    Options
    July update
    1 no wt loss or gain even though ate out 6 times in 6 days. packed lunch on drive days to avoid fast food. out of town 5 days. twice with Dad
    2. salads every day but need to eat better veggies.
    3. Year update: lost only 5 lbs since last year ( gained 4 but i lost them but I dont count them
    4. race was fun and safe.
    5. Mental status: ready to buckle down to lose more weight. Running with 40extra pounds is tough.
    kng1vqyqf14c.jpg

• barbhat13
    Options
    read " SLIM BY DESIGN" more on mindless design of frig and kitchen set up. whole premise is to make more environmental change so eating healthy just cones naturally. a few good tips, lots of reminders of things i used to do.

now starting " but i deserve a donut" weight loss bible study. focus on boundaries you set and renewing of mind to help with eating healthy.