Living the Lifestyle- July 2, 2019

GavinFlynn1
GavinFlynn1 Posts: 1,664 Member
We meet here to explore, share, celebrate and (sometimes) agonize over how we do (or don't) incorporate weight loss guidelines into our daily lives. "It's a lifestyle, not a diet" is easily and often said, but sometimes not so simply put into practice.

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Thread starters for June are below:

Monday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Tuesday - Gavin
Wednesday -
Thursday - misterhub (Greg)
Friday -

Today's Topic: No time for that

I know that I have often excused unhealthy choices by telling myself that I don’t have time for [insert healthy choices]. What struggles have you had with making time for your healthy lifestyle? What has helped you overcome those struggles?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 8,594 Member
    "Juat Do It"! Yeah, right. I really dislike excercise. I can always find an excuse NOT to do excersise, whether my stretching and weights at home, or the treadmill at the gym. Working on it, but.....
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 6,202 Member
    edited July 2019
    Too busy with work, church activities, civic duties, hobbies? So where does that leave eating healthy? Making health choices? It makes it slide down the priority list. Thus the reason for not loosing weight. So I have to accelerate it on the priority list as the most important thing on the list. When I was successful I did make it a priority. Choices were a priority right down to every detail. That pretty much explains where I need to be and now doing it is the key.