Suggestions for Calories

Options
Emmapatterson1729
Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
I am having a problem eating enough calories on this diet.

I find myself not very hungry and kind of forcing food.

Especially at night, I look at MFP and realized I've only had 600-700 calories for the day, and then force myself to eat (even though still satisfied from lunch).

Any suggestions for extremely high calorie, zero-very low carb foods. On a budget, so can't do any expensive (order online specifically for keto) foods or supplements.

Trying to keep around 5% carbs
25% proteins, and 70% fats. Would like calories to be over 1300 daily, but coming in at around1100 (and again that's forcing). If my numbers end up a little higher or a little lower, I don't freak; I don't sweat it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies

• zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    how long have you been hitting the 1100 forced calorie count? if it is relatively recent, i wouldn't sweat it (yet); however, if it lasts for more than a few days, you may want to start looking at:

- fat bombs (peanut butter, almond joy)
    - peanut butter (straight from the jar, cups, etc)
    - almond butter packets
    - hamburger patty
    - eggs (an extra 2 or 3 at night as a "night cap")
    - bacon (couple slices as a "night cap")
    - ground sausage

if it is mostly at night, probably some type of night cap thing that you can hit the calorie count and go from there.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    @zanyterp About a week. At night been force eating an egg or two, ground beef, or chicken thigh all cooked in olive oil, coconut oil, and/or butter.

My daughter and boyfriend are having the same problem.

Sample day:

Coffee with cream for breakfast. (Can't give up coffee). Sometimes with a bite of cheese, but only if we're leaving the house. 10 am

Lunch: One egg omelet with cream, veggies, cheese, and oils, somedays meat. 2-3 pm

At first we were getting hungry again around 6-7. Now, forcing meat, eggs, fish, cheese, oils around 9-11 pm.

I haven't tried any fat bombs yet. I might try to make the peanut butter ones tonight.

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Average time to hit hormone issues from super low calories is 3 weeks so unless it gets that far then you should be able to eat to hunger signals and eventually your appetite should adapt.
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Options
    Fat Bombs worked. Although dinner was still a little forced, adding a fat bomb after dinner, bumped the calories up to just over 1300. And didn't make us feel stuffed, like an extra egg, meat, or cheese would've.