Trying out Keto again!

jessicagrey27
jessicagrey27 Posts: 26 Member
Hey Everyone! I tried out Keto last October, got some results and then went back to my old ways of binge eating occasionally and eating way too much sugar and carbs.

Now I’m taking it a little more serious! I’ve been on Keto for 11 days now - no cheats and IF from 16:8 to 20:4. I have used the urine ketone strips and I am definitely in Ketotis. I haven’t lost many pounds though!! My face looks smaller and my tummy is less bloated and slimmer which is great. My goal is to lose 50 pounds - however even if I get down 35-40 pounds I will be happy!

Looking to make new keto friends to share advice, recipes and support!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Hi, I'm about a month in, first time doing keto.

I, to be honest, threw my scales in the garbage years ago, and stay focused on inches and daily pictures...and how my clothes fit.

So far, down inches and my body changes in the pictures almost daily.

I love sharing recipes, so far, I love the food I'm eating, and don't find it restricting at all.

Good luck!
  • missezkbee
    missezkbee Posts: 10 Member
    I’m starting Keto this weekend! I’m very nervous about it but I have to get my health back! I have done so much research and read so many books and articles that I feel I can tackle it. Got rid of all junk and non Keto food to make room for my new way of eating and cooking. Ive even decided to start eating beef and pork again so I can make the dinners in the Keto cookbooks.

I’ll be posting and asking lots of questions along the way. My ultimate goal is 90 pounds from my current weight.

Good luck to all of us!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Hi. I'm also jumping back in after a 2 year break.
    This morning I assembled a stationary, recumbant bike (no small feat); and, I am starting my keto plan Monday morning.
    I really backtracked in a big way.
    I miss my dance nights so much, so for the rest of the summer I'm reclaiming my health and my body.
    That is the plan.
    Have a great day, pals.