Success-Forward Thinking

Options
2»

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,842 Member
    Options
    Bella! Miss her too. And our bride-to-be Alexandra has been missing for a while. I do get attached to my online friends!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Bella! Miss her too. And our bride-to-be Alexandra has been missing for a while. I do get attached to my online friends!

Me, too!
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Are we talking Bella_Figura?? So worried about her sister (and missing her).

@NovusDies stopped posting right around when I started, would've loved to "meet" him, have read & benefitted from many of his posts - including this one - thanks for the bump!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Garrrrrrfieeeeeeeeld!!!!!!!!!
    :worried:
    Alexandra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    @Bella_Figura - thinking of you....we all are....looking foward to hearing from you again <3
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,632 Member
    Options
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - hope you are having the grandest of times. Come tell us all about it when things settle. <3
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Many of the posts from Novus are still available here…he was an extremely private individual with the exception of sharing his weight loss journey….we should thank Pav for so graciously picking up the reins for this small unruly bunch of us…if it were not for MFP and this group I would most likely be hitting the scales at over 400 pounds….
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,637 Member
    Options
    Actually Connie....ta da da: you my friend are the leader in the group!

I'm just hanging out and sharing that: There is hope for what I believe to be fairly good outcomes. I went through many phases where I didn't believe that to be the case (i.e. that longer term success was possible). internalizing that something can actually be done can be useful! MFP and forums helped me.

Getting there does entail making the commitment to make some incremental changes that ARE possible. (For many years was not willing to contemplate change because A was too far away from Z. But A to B to C --little things added up-- actually works!)

It is not necessarily something most of us can autopilot through; but it is also not unmitigated white knuckle hang in by fingernails hard work all the time. Or rather it doesn't have to be and probably success rates will be higher if it isn't!!!!

And random other musings 🙀 😘

(When I was in high school I once spent an hour unable to write a three page double spaced essay on any subject of my choosing!!!! 🤣😹😂 The monsters we create!!!!🤣)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    I don’t think I am the leader but I knew this small but mighty group had to keep going after Novus abandoned us!…people that need to lose or have lost a significant amount of weight do have unique obstacles to overcome that someone who needs to lose 10 or 15 pounds can never understand!