HELP! protein problems

Options
chrissifreeman
chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
Hi all. I'm pretty new to Keto (ab 2 weeks in) and learning. I have had good results thus far, but I'm having a really hard time getting my protein up to where it should be each day. Can anyone just throw some ideas at me for protien options? I'm getting my fat where it needs to be and keeping my net carbs where they need to be.

Thanks in advance to all,
Christina

Replies

• booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the same thing. I ended up getting collagen protein and adding it to veggies or drinking it in coffee. It really helps to keep my protein levels where they need to be.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    My go to sources for protein - egg whites, chicken/turkey breast, lean red meat and fish.
  • chrissifreeman
    chrissifreeman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I guess I got so hung up on the "fatty cuts of meat" idea that I didn't realize that I would also need lean protein sometimes.
    I truly appreciate your input!
  • zanyterp
    zanyterp Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i think we all tend to hit that at some point; it does work itself out (eventually) for what your n=1 needs are
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You don’t need to hit the fat grams if you’re trying to lose weight.
    Eat leaner meat.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've always found that during the summer I lack an appetite, and it's especially bad now that I'm low carb/keto. There's times where two, there, even four days in a row I'm just not that hungry at all and only getting in maybe 50 - 75% of the protein I need. But I'm trying not to fret about it too much.