New to group

jhaddon7143
jhaddon7143 Posts: 57 Member
Hi all. I am new to the group. I have been on keto for a week now and love it.
I'm John from Clearfield, Utah
Nice to meet you all !!

Replies

• Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Hi, I've been eating keto for about a month and absolutely love it. The increase of energy is insane. I had fun reading through the threads for this group and The Low Carber Daily Forum group.

• prowell57
    prowell57 Posts: 140 Member
    Hi John, welcome. I've been on keto about 5 weeks. So far I really like it but starting to get kind of tired of simple meals lol. I haven't ventured into cooking keto recipes yet, wanted to keep it simple till I get the hang of it but I think it's time to experiment with cooking "keto meals" 🙂
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    EelkoDoesKeto Posts: 72 Member
    I bought a few keto cookbooks... one of them made by the 4 ingredients ladies... Some great recipies in there that look fun and yum.
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    Hey John, how long did it take you to get into Ketosis?
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Low carb recipes can get crazy creative!! Always delicious, and very filling!!
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    I just had spinach, with butter and bacon bits, very delicious seemed filling, but this is day 1 I am sure I will get some carb cravings later
  • Emmapatterson1729
    edited July 2019
    @eelko2

You'd be surprised. My boyfriend and daughter started keto with me, and none of us have really craved starches too bad.

We do crave sweets, but that's an easy fix.... Fat bombs...They are better than candy.

Made Keto chocolate avocado ice cream, tasted like chocolate ice cream.

My daughter made keto raw cookie dough, keto chocolate milk/hot chocolate, all tasted great.

In the group Low Carber Daily Forum, there's a thread called something like "what's your low carb meal look like." 75 pages of meals and recipes.

Keto is easy!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    @prowell57

I thought the same thing about the keto recipes. I didn't want to try them at first for a couple of reasons. 1) I wanted to also keep it simple. 2) I was worried about calorie intake shooting through the roof.

We just recently started playing with the Keto recipes, and so far, so good. They're all super easy, not a lot of ingredients, especially the sweets!!

You've definitely been at this long enough to get adventurous. ;)

5-6 weeks on keto, we're Pros!!
  • Emmapatterson1729
    eelko2 wrote: »

I know how long it took us, we bought the Keto strips. I read people usually take 3-5 days to start producing ketones. So, we checked on the 5th day and were on the high side of moderate ketones.

Since then, I got kicked out of ketosis once. I used a sugar free coffee creamer sweetened with sucralose... Didn't realize even though it's zero carbs it can still spike insulin and blood sugars.... Bloated and lost my ketogenic energy burst for a few days, took like three to get back into ketosis.

• jhaddon7143
    eelko2 wrote: »

About 6 days i think. Had bad keto fog for 2 days, but went really strict with carbs and exercised my rear off and i think it helped
  • EelkoDoesKeto
    I have seen a lot of mixed answers about artificial sweeteners.... I am avoiding them for the first week just to be sure and will then slowly re-introduce sugar free diet pepsi, because I really enjoy it from time to time.
    Im looking forward to the keto energy burst.... I have been feeling run down for way too long.
  • jhaddon7143
    I know i haven't been in keto long yet. But i can already feel more energy and better workouts
  • Emmapatterson1729
    We had the fog too, just a general sense of feeling weird.

But then had more energy than a chipmunk on catnip... Bouncing off the walls energy!

My boyfriend said within the first week, I looked like the Tasmanian Devil going through the house.