Wildcard for Moon Landing 7/20/69

Options
Jimb376mfp
Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
@misterhub sent us the Google doodle and thought we could share with our Moon Walk memories and or weight related stories (for you OLD GoaDs)! LoL

1969 I was 21 yo, DW was about nine months PG (son was born 8/16/69).
It was a hot night, living in Iowa and remember watching the landing on our little TV.

I was NOT doing WW, my first time with WW was five years later after we had our son #2. DW and I joined WW. She lost 100 and became a WW Leader (Coach).

I kept losing/gaining until 1987 and got serious at 282, I lost 80#, got to 202 but never got to Onederland. From age 40 to 65 it was a long slow climb up to 376!

Took me five years to go from 376 to 184 (GW) 2018. 50 years of seeing my weight go up and down gives me a thought to look forward not back. Learned from GoaD No Finish Line. Better to learn LATE then never!

Replies

• misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,195 Member
    Options
    I was 9-years-old, coming quickly upon 10. I was sitting on the floor in the living room of our Texas home, along with my brother. My parents were in their usual location on the couch and easy chair.

The moon landing was extra special for us because my older brother was a numerical programmer, and he wrote the code to mill the Apollo control panels. He also worked on the redesigned (after the fire) door hatches. So, there was a strong family connection to the event.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,918 Member
    Options
    I was 25, on duty at Kunsan Air Base, Korea. Was on the night shift, and four of us were playing Pinochle when the eagle landed. We were listening on a portable radio. One of the guys quipped, "you know, 50 years from now, we'll be sitting around with the family, I'll tell this story, and one of the grandchildren will ask 'what's a radio?'"
    LOL, and we still have them.
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,532 Member
    Options
    I was 15. I watched the moon landing at a friends house. Back then you watched where ever you were because where ever you were it would be on. You would watch in almost silent reverence, but when "the Eagle has landed" was said a celebration would break out. The moonwalk was in the evening and I watched at home with those sketchy video images but it was the same. As a young fellow, it filled you with wonder. I just watched the PBS American Experience & Nova shows on it. It all came back.