What's on your mind today?

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
This is where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

So, what's on your mind today??

Replies

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @KCJen Hello back! How exciting that you’re all done in 4 months!

@TerriRichardson112 That’s GREAT news! Very inspiring. It’s my dream to increase muscle mass.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pictures!
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I have a question and it comes from someone’s comment in their sign in for the day. Does activity have to be 20 continuous minutes or can it be broken up into parts? I know that especially if someone is under the weather, chronically ill, or injured that breaking up purposeful activity is easier on them and means that activity is more likely to happen.

I’m curious what others think, but I feel that if the activity is purposeful toward getting 20 minutes, even if it has to be in pieces, is fine especially for those who would have trouble getting 20 minutes otherwise. Doing little bits until I could do more is how I went from very sedentary to many days having an hour or more of activity.
  • ConfidentRaven
    ConfidentRaven Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    @w8goal4life Beautiful pictures! I bet it was a great day.
  • Ketch_22
    Ketch_22 Posts: 12,711 Member
    Options
    I have a question and it comes from someone’s comment in their sign in for the day. Does activity have to be 20 continuous minutes or can it be broken up into parts? I know that especially if someone is under the weather, chronically ill, or injured that breaking up purposeful activity is easier on them and means that activity is more likely to happen.

I’m curious what others think, but I feel that if the activity is purposeful toward getting 20 minutes, even if it has to be in pieces, is fine especially for those who would have trouble getting 20 minutes otherwise. Doing little bits until I could do more is how I went from very sedentary to many days having an hour or more of activity.

It is 20 minutes a day per the instructions:
    "Exercise actively at least 20 minutes every day; eat only your budgeted calories every day; and track your caloric food and caloric beverages every day for the entire month..."

You will also find as you go that things that took you 20 or 30 minutes in the beginning are complete in less than that later and so our reward for losing weight is... more exercise lol it's a catch 22
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,690 Member
    Options
    I think we should strive for 20 or more a day but you must do it so you are comfortable I have recently struggled with my knee from OA and if I had to do 20 all at once I probably wouldn’t be here. The ultimate goal to me is to become healthier one step at a time. Become the turtle 🐢
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    @fatbambi2017 shared in her update yesterday that she saw a kingfisher and a snake in her walk yesterday (lucky you!). It made me think of posting this great pic my daughter sent of a fishing catch this weekend that sent chills up my grandsons spine (he’s in the background).
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Jeez! @goldthistime awesome photo! Thank you for sharing, I didn't stand still long enough to get a photo! I have a phobia of snakes, but as you say sooo lucky to see one!
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    Tracked yes
    Logged yes
    Under calories yes
  • snowshoe072
    Options
    Tracked yes even room for m&m’s
    Spin tonight not as long as I wanted but no pain!!
    Logged my food
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @KCJen thank you! It is completely true and I also needed this reminder!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @am_change your welcome! I need to remind myself of this until the new schedule of adding my treadmill becomes my normal daily routine.