New

Options
JLN1974
JLN1974 Posts: 104 Member
Hi I haven’t been on MFP in ages. Used it in my late thirties and managed to lose a couple of stone quite easily in retrospect. Now at 44 and I would say much fitter than I was in my twenties and thirties where the only exercise I did really was walking, now I do Latin Fit dance exercise once a week, martial arts and cycle 10-35 miles with the children on a regular basis, but I am about 4 stone heavier and have great difficulty losing any weight, I am carrying it mainly on my tummy but my arms and legs aren’t great either. I had two C sections with my children so that has also damaged my tummy muscles.
It’s so frustrating. I suspect I am premenopausal which isn’t helping I’m sure.
Spoke to my GP during a medication check-up and he was pretty useless, just about told me not to bother exercising - helpful!
I know I eat pretty healthily but probably need to cut down on the carbs, not helped by one child who pretty much subsists on pasta and a busy lifestyle, but I need to do SOMETHING!
Sorry for the long post, look forward to getting to know others.
Joanna

Replies

• booksnbrains
    booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Like you, I used to use MFP a bunch and just came back to it. I have been much more active in my late thirties, but 30 pounds managed to sneak back on. With MFP, I’ve been on keto and intermittent fasting and am finally starting to see some of the weight loss. The community aspect of MFP is great and has really helped to to stay on track.
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Glad ur back... I'm doing keto as well, weight has been slow but steady.. Hang in there, u got this.. 👊